Beatles pinball from Stern

JWG9999

Site Supporter
Apr 15, 2013
Yelverton, Devon
First time I saw this pin I thought it was awful, and that price! Way too much for me.

But I have to admit that the more I look at it, the more I'm starting to like it. For several reasons I'd really like one in my collection.

Is that just me, or is anyone else changing their mind about it?

Replay

Jul 21, 2011
First time I saw this pin I thought it was awful, and that price! Way too much for me.

But I have to admit that the more I look at it, the more I'm starting to like it. For several reasons I'd really like one in my collection.

Is that just me, or is anyone else changing their mind about it?
I always wanted one but not for those kind of prices!!!

Even with the $1m licence, can't see why the Gold is more than a Stern pro.

Hope loads come into the UK though!

Neil McRae

Site Supporter
Jun 5, 2016
Surrey
@Neil McRae your wrong.... Same price for Gold... Platinum and Diamond...

And The Beatles Store has already sold out of Diamonds and Platinum
I'm wrong? -> You mean "You are wrong" or "You're wrong" surely?

What am I wrong about? And why do you care? you never buy any games anyway. Phil puts his games in your place.

Stern dealers are charging $7999. My point, that I'm obviously wrong about, is that price in the UK will be a lot more given the fact we are being fleeced by Electrocoin. by around £1000 per game, pushing the UK retail price closer to £8500.

Cheers,
Neil.

JWG9999

Site Supporter
Apr 15, 2013
Yelverton, Devon
Stern dealers are charging $7999. My point, that I'm obviously wrong about, is that price in the UK will be a lot more given the fact we are being fleeced by Electrocoin. by around £1000 per game, pushing the UK retail price closer to £8500.

Cheers,
Neil.
So how does UK pricing work? I assumed UK dealers bought direct from Stern. I also thought much of the price hike was import duty.

Tilt_Birmingham

Apr 26, 2016
birmingham
I'm wrong? -> You mean "You are wrong" or "You're wrong" surely?

What am I wrong about? And why do you care? you never buy any games anyway. Phil puts his games in your place.

Cheers,
Neil.
Stating the obvious there, if people hadn't guessed Phil is my supplier by now they must have had their eyes closed for the last three years! lol

Just because I don't have to buy my games doesn't mean I shouldn't care...

And the fact is why was false sales prices floated to distributors in the first place when now it is apparent they were clearly false?

Neil McRae

Site Supporter
Jun 5, 2016
Surrey
Stating the obvious there, if people hadn't guessed Phil is my supplier by now they must have had their eyes closed for the last three years! lol

Just because I don't have to buy my games doesn't mean I shouldn't care...

And the fact is why was false sales prices floated to distributors in the first place when now it is apparent they were clearly false?
Why should you care then? And I don't understand why you even post here given that pinball folks are so unimportant to your business. I still don't know what I was wrong about lol

From what I understand speaking to a few folks in the US, the prices were higher but nobody was interested and there evidence of this on pinside with dealers calling regular punters.

But I personally don't have a view if I care or not. When I play the game then I'll decide and if its good then I'll buy one.

Cheers,
Neil.

Tilt_Birmingham

Apr 26, 2016
birmingham
I was simply pointing out to Neil... That he was wrong on pricing as he thought they would be a lot higher on the information we had at the time... Which was $50k for a Diamond and then they sell them for $10k

If he wants to get nasty that up to him lol

astyy

Play Flipper Games for Fun and Recreation
Jan 19, 2015
Basingstoke
I wonder whether they actually had any to sell at $10K on that site, you can put any price on something "out of stock".