What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Baywatch problem SOLVED

Andy Hancock

Site Supporter
Hi all
Can’t get this working after delivery so likely some loose connection maybe?
First time I turned it in it would play a game but with no display
Looked at back of display and the blue wire of the four shown here
was a bit loose so pushed it back in and now it does this instead . Display comes on and then goes off and game won’t start
Can anyone point me in the direction of easy things to check (can’t do complicated stuff!)
Cheers all Andy8061BA82-D5D1-4BB9-900C-4551B7D31999.jpeg

Attachments

• 51111252-07F4-404E-B37B-AE0979377957.MOV
    10.4 MB · Views: 5
If the video doesn’t work basically the display comes on it says ‘baywatch Will be right back ‘ then the display goes off and won’t statt game

I take it that is a connector that's on the the display ,if so Unplug that connector and switch on ! Hopefully it will boot up !

Yep - these big screen games can be a bugger. They need a good solid 'near as dammit' 5v for everything to function ... duff/loose/tarnished connectors can cause the display to blank out, boot issues etc. I have had it on mine occasionally. In fact just this morning I had to reseat the display connector ! :rolleyes:

Can be worth doing the Sega recommended 5v mod

http://arcarc.xmission.com/Pinball/Stern Service Bulletins/sb/sb106.pdf

Yep - these big screen games can be a bugger. They need a good solid 'near as dammit' 5v for everything to function ... duff/loose/tarnished connectors can cause the display to blank out, boot issues etc. I have had it on mine occasionally. In fact just this morning I had to reseat the display connector ! :rolleyes:

Can be worth doing the Sega recommended 5v mod

http://arcarc.xmission.com/Pinball/Stern Service Bulletins/sb/sb106.pdf

Thanks Sarge

Sorted a few issues on this today . Display is in and out rebooting so think I will need to do this . The kit referenced seems only available from the states though. Is that right do you know? Or can it actually be made up? Cheers Andy

Thanks Sarge

Sorted a few issues on this today . Display is in and out rebooting so think I will need to do this . The kit referenced seems only available from the states though. Is that right do you know? Or can it actually be made up? Cheers Andy
It's just connectors and cable so yes you can make your own.

Be worth checking your 5v off the power board - if it's struggling then you may need to address that first. Failing caps etc can all drag it down.

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

It's just connectors and cable so yes you can make your own.

Be worth checking your 5v off the power board - if it's struggling then you may need to address that first. Failing caps etc can all drag it down.

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk
Thanks again
It’ll be beyond me though but I’ll get someone round to help. Your advice will certainly help thanks
Already know it’s a great game

Thanks Sarge

I have the 5v cable mod on mine. However recently the display started doing the annoying reset thing . After some trial and error I found that if I reseated the added cable at J1 on the display controller board it would often 'fix' it.

Today I took the board out and reflowed solder on to the J1 header pins. It actually looked like someone had done it before / possibly even replaced the header pins ...so I'm suspecting there was an iffy joint. Fingers crossed so far it seems to be working solidly. :thumbs:

Back
Top Bottom