What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Basic Video Editing Software

DRD

Registered
Can anyone recommend a basic (free ?) video editor that will enable me to stitch MP4 files together.

Maybe chop a bit off the start and finish of the clips (not vital), maybe alter the volume levels so that it is pretty constant across the clips (not vital)

So when I press play, two or three clips will play one after the other so I do not need to tee them up individually

Nothing remotely fancy

Thanks

HitFilm Express. https://fxhome.com/express

I use Pro now but I used the free version for ages before upgrading. It's an all-purpose compositing and editing tool.

Most of the videos on my YouTube channel are done in either Hitfilm Express or Pro.

Edit: didn't expect forum to parse the links as embedded videos so removed some examples...
Pro -
Express -

Last edited:
Reactions: DRD
If you literally just want to stitch mp4 files together (no actual editing) then you can do that in command prompt

Press windows key, enter 'cmd', press return to get to command prompt, then type command like:

copy /b fileone.mp4 + filetwo.mp4 MergedFile.mp4

Where fileone and filetwo are the two input files, and MergedFile is the output that will be created.

Back
Top Bottom