What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Barracora dead(ish): what do I check first? SOLVED !!!!

Jb3d

Site Supporter
Alias
John
Hi, My much loved Barracora has been working perfectly for two years since Andy the Legend brought it to life. Today I turned it on and all that happened was GI illuminated and it repeatedly played one of the sound effects. I opened up the back and gave all the connectors a wiggle to make sure they were seated properly. When I turned it back on the repeated sound effect had stopped, GI still working and two score displays were on. Bizarrely the flippers, pop bumpers and slingshots were working even through it wouldn't start a game. I've tested the fuses for continuity and a visual check reveals no obvious oddities. What should my next steps be please?

If the batteries have expired it will go into factory reset. You’ll get some numbers in the top left display.

Change the batteries, cycle the power, set it back onto free play.

Thank you Andy. I’ll do that and report back.

Thanks very much Andy @pinballmania . That was exactly the problem. I’ve just followed your instructions and all is working perfectly now. Very grateful.

Back
Top Bottom