What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Complete Bally Wizard

Hi Chris does this playfield cleaning method take out the ball swirls ,or is if just for a dirty playfield ?

Hi Chris does this playfield cleaning method take out the ball swirls ,or is if just for a dirty playfield ?

It will take out the ball swirls as you're basically removing paint :thumbs: You've got to be careful though, I'm trying to remove very, very deep ball swirls and you'll start taking paint off before you get it all out so it's a balancing act :)

The lighter the colour the better results, white and yellow come up the best from what I've seen so far :thumbs:

Nice video, was it the sanding round Dremel thins you used on the metal ?

Yes mate, I've got a bag full of the little sanding tubes that I got off Ebay for a couple of quid :thumbs:

Somehow i missed this thread! I properly enjoyed getting the basics of this game up and running before handing over to Chris to restore. I'm now tempted to get hold of another bally em game to get going to :) There's something really nice and different about them :D Still can't believe the install of that replacement chime mech. That was another 'wtf' moment. As you say looks like it never worked properly. Good job sorting it out.

So i think in the first video Chris you were asking about the left lane roll over switch, extra ball activation and whether it should score points to. I've dug out the schematics i used to fix some of the other logic and it seems to only be enabled once the bonus count reaches 19. I did a quick check for a 'left lane' relay but didn't see anything and can't see it mentioned with regard to the 10,100,500 point relays either, so looks like that's it.

Screen Shot 2017-04-08 at 11.04.16.png

So i think in the first video Chris you were asking about the left lane roll over switch

Nice one mate :thumbs: I need to do another video on this soon. I'm in paint matching hell at the moment trying to do some play field touch ups but progress has been slow lately.

Nice one mate :thumbs: I need to do another video on this soon. I'm in paint matching hell at the moment trying to do some play field touch ups but progress has been slow lately.

ugrh repainting, not my bag these days, much prefer the tech stuff. But will look super nice once done. I'm thinking i'd quite fancy a cosmic or other space type bally em in need of some tlc.

I'm thinking i'd quite fancy a cosmic or other space type bally em in need of some tlc.
I joined that club this week, love me some EM:D

ronsplooter, really enjoying your write up and sharing expertise. I see your Wizard has the signature Kmiec red post, I have just bought a couple of these in to restore it on my and Ned's Vectors.

wizard.jpg

Not had much time for pinball stuff recently but finally got round to finishing the work on Wizard. Really pleased with how it came out, more of a sympathetic tidy up than a full restore :) The game will hopefully be at Play Expo courtesy of it's new owner :thumbs:

IMG_1008.jpg

IMG_1012.jpg

IMG_1013.jpg

IMG_1014.jpg

Back
Top Bottom