What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wanted Bally vector project

IMG_0424.JPG
IMG_0423.JPG
IMG_0422.JPG
IMG_0421.JPG
IMG_0420.JPG
IMG_0419.JPG
IMG_0418.JPG
IMG_0416.JPG
IMG_0414.JPG IMG_0415.JPG
IMG_0414.JPG
IMG_0415.JPG
Hi there,
IMG_0414.JPG
IMG_0415.JPG
Did you ever manage to get hold of a Vector? I've got one that I bought here on the forum and wouldn't mind moving it on. I paid £600 for it but would be willing to let it go for £500 (firm). The playfield is nice (no wear) although the Milar is a bit cracked above the Playfield computer LED area. The ball drain switches are really the main problem with it as with some fiddling they work but then they can play up from time to time too. I've done the bottom flippers so they are much better than when I bought it. Backglass and Cab are in very nice condition. I managed to break the top two plastics when moving it once but never got around to replacing them (above the vector scan loop shot).
The MPU board looks like it's had some repair work done over the years and I thought about replacing it for an Altek board but Vectors don't really command the money to make it worth doing if your not planning on keeping the machine too long, the machine very, very occasionally resets but it's never really bothered me. I think someone who knows what they are doing needs to systematically go through the switches and sort those and then it could be a nice example. Like I say it plays but is a bit temperamental.
Machine is down in Bognor and the backbox would have to come off to get it out of my flat (first floor). I've only really got space for 4 machines and I've had my fun with the Vector so like I say happy to let it go. Let me know if your interested. Regards, Barry.

Attachments

• IMG_0418.JPG
    IMG_0418.JPG
    177.2 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
"hit the showers" don't even get me started on those bloody trough switches:mad:

looks like a nice example,well worth the money in my opinion and has a small flipper on the top playfield too!

Like that. Yup that's the sort of machine I want! Bognor is the kicker here... you ever head up land at all? Maybe a meet halfway?

Please pm me

Perhaps Phil will let you put it next to his Full Throttle when he sets fire to it. If not i'll supply half a gallon of petrol and some matches foc.

I'm ashamed to admit i've had two through my hands. Both were sorted out and soon moved on.
Worst Bally ever made imo

The MPU board looks like it's had some repair work done over the years

Apart from the neat battery holder, that -17 Mpu board must've been modified to run a game like Vector. The -17, aka the '4K' board, was originally used for the earliest Bally solid-state games, without an electronic sound module. Are the U2 & U6 sockets still the same as the other four?. I'd wonder about their connectivity at this age.

I'm ashamed to admit i've had two through my hands. Both were sorted out and soon moved on.
Worst Bally ever made imo

It's not the best but not sure it's the worst?

I've a fond spot as the vector was my first home machine. I don't mind the rules either.

Bang for buck I think they're good. Sadly too few of us have several thousand available for the better games

Still looking for a Bally vector. Please pm me if you have one you'd like to sell. Any condition considered

I know I will get shot

Vector is a stunning game. It is one of the best looking Bally SS titles. It is a tour de force of engineering

But it plays like a ****ter. Deeply flawed gameplay

I sold mine with a heavy heart. But Pinball is the for playing

what happened to the one in bournemouth?,I love my vector,but then I grew up playing it in the arcade near me as a kid,it sat next to gorgar and space invaders back then,and does now at my home too.

Sadly anything I had lined up has gone quiet. Think the original seller is very busy with other responsibilities making it hard for a meet up etc.

I'm not one to force a sale or get all hit up over things so I'll just keep my options open. If one turns up then happy days. If the seller does find time etc then that's happy days too! Win win.

I like the gameplay rules etc. It's fairly basic but easy for newbies to play a fair game at BBQ' s etc. My old one saw great action from the family.
If I had bottomless pockets I'd look for something else but bang for buck vectors pretty good imo

Knew you would. I miss that cool droning sound. How do you think it compares to Medusa and Centaur Kev ?

That's a tough one, they are all quite different to each other. I think Vector has a lot going for it with the 2 rows of drops, the vector scan ramp, the unique locking system, the outlane saucers and gates, but its definetly the harder of the 3, games in general are very short. Medusa is cool but just one ball. Centaur seems to be the most popular but I tired of the near constant multiball pretty quickly.

For cryin out loud. What is the matter with you people. Vector is utter ****e. Anyone caught owning one deserves to be transported to a penal colony on mars.

Most of these old Bally SS games are flawed in terms of gameplay. So personal preference wins the day.

Paragon is best imho. Followed by fathom and ebd.

For cryin out loud. What is the matter with you people. Vector is utter ****e. Anyone caught owning one deserves to be transported to a penal colony on mars.
I'm getting a bad vibe off that Vector manual I bought from you paddy :(

A lot of 2 Vectors sold on the Bay last December, apparently they weren't as described (who'd have thought that on the Bay?) I'm in contact with the buyer I'll find out what's going on with them.

Good luck with the search deathrow. Viva VECTOR :thumbs:

Back
Top Bottom