What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wanted Bally System 11 Speaker Grill/Logo - CPR Backglass?

thejefu

Site Supporter
Alias
magicwizard
1588716671005.png

I'm shopping for the above grill - One I have is missing the chrome and the logo. Also looking for a real backglass for my EATPM before I bite the bullet and pay $100 for shipping from the US. Not precious on quality, translite isn't doing it for me.

I've got a full set of repro plastics on order which I'll be putting most of back up for sale (along with my old translite), only needed the pieces for the slings. Will be posting soon.

Last edited:
Back to the original request 😀 If you're willing to wait @philpalmer sometimes does container orders from cpr. He's only just done one (a bunch of us ordered some backglasses in) but might be doing another one again at some point. Worth an ask.

if its only plastics, PM me, can set it up sooner than that as I fly stuff from USA once a week and can easily fit a plastic set in.

EATPM was manufactured with a translite so a backglass would be an aftermarket repro. a prototype could have real glass on some games . Seen them on taxi cyclone dr dude pinbot but very rare. Other games were always glass such as bk2k and bad cats

View attachment 107146

I'm shopping for the above grill - One I have is missing the chrome and the logo. Also looking for a real backglass for my EATPM before I bite the bullet and pay $100 for shipping from the US. Not precious on quality, translite isn't doing it for me.

I've got a full set of repro plastics on order which I'll be putting most of back up for sale (along with my old translite), only needed the pieces for the slings. Will be posting soon.
You can get the chrome trim off ebay , and it s a doddle to fit

Cheers

Kev

EATPM was manufactured with a translite so a backglass would be an aftermarket repro. a prototype could have real glass on some games . Seen them on taxi cyclone dr dude pinbot but very rare. Other games were always glass such as bk2k and bad cats

That’s interesting. I picked up a translite from pinballdecals.eu and with a full accompaniment of incandescents it just looks basically blown out and orange.

Have some LEDs on the way so I’ll compare the difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Be good to see some photos of that. If planned on ordering can decals from them in a few months so would be good to gauge the general quality.

Be good to see some photos of that. If planned on ordering can decals from them in a few months so would be good to gauge the general quality.

Image from iOS (11).jpg

Image from iOS (12).jpg
Image from iOS (10).jpg

The quality of the print itself is good. In the cold light of day it looks identical to everything else I've seen. It does however bleed a lot of light and the contrast suffers, although it's hard to accurately compare it to others. Looking around google images (only considering incandescent examples) I think this is true for most translite reproductions, they certainly bleed a lot of color. I am however noticing that many reproduction examples I see aren't using a full backboard of bulbs, I could stand to lose nearly half of them and get similar results.

I'd do some experimentation, but I've got a million LEDs heading my way so I'll hold out. The colder LED hues and more specific colors will make a big difference so I'll see what we look like then.

That being said, if anyone has a CPR backglass I'm still interested. Look at those colours:

1588779840842.png

Last edited:
It might be the case that it was actually designed for cold white leds. It certainly seems to be the case that some translites respond better to led treatment that others, which looks too bright or bleached out.

On the other hand it might just be an innaccurate print

Anyway, guess we'll find out!

It might be the case that it was actually designed for cold white leds. It certainly seems to be the case that some translites respond better to led treatment that others, which looks too bright or bleached out.

On the other hand it might just be an innaccurate print

Anyway, guess we'll find out!

Fact it looks so great unlit, I'm thinking these frosted LEDs en route are going to do the trick. Will post when they're installed.

Back
Top Bottom