What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bally SS - Centaur. Booting Issue

DRD

Registered
I have had this game a couple of years. It has never failed to boot, but it may take a couple of attempts sometimes. It has never failed during games and it has coped with league play. It is running on original boards plus one of Jim's squawk & talk boards

What might my problem be pls?

Where do I start?

Proactively replace the bridges and rebuild the power supply?

Replace some connectors?

Thanks

I would think that my fathom has the same one. Boardswap ?

Thats what I did to fault find blown bridge on Xenon, swapped boards with Vector. Please double check compatibility first, I know the replacements you can buy cover a few board revisions.

How do you find Vector? Do you play it often ?
Not as often as I should but that's the case for a lot of my machines, the newest few getting most play naturally. It is on the chopping block though, along with Beat the Clock. Neither I want to sell but my partner is moving in shortly, my Getaway returning from a holiday at hers so I have to make room.

I expect you've already tried reseating connectors and roms etc. Also you could count led flashes on the mpu to see where its stalling. I'm sure someone will be along soon who actually knows what they're talking about :rofl:

I had the same issue with my Centaur recently, removed the socketed ic's cleaned with alcohol and re-seated which solved it for me

Drew

Reactions: DRD
Even when the game boots, the MPU does not even flash once !!!

Having wiggled some wires around, I think that it is connectors/ pins that need attention as wiggling a connector after it has successfully booted can get it to mimic the symptoms of not booting (GI on, no computer lights on, no displays on)

Back
Top Bottom