What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Complete BALLY SPEAKEASY

new forest pinball

Site Supporter
Alias
Keef.
image.jpeg Just picked up a very neglected speakeasy. (Not by the previous owner I hasten to add as he never even plugged it in!) soon have it ship shape. Here's some befores.......
Check out the lamp driver transistor ..bang!
What about this for plastic repair
image.jpeg
Urggghhh! Few years of dirt here...how does this happen to a lane guide??
image.jpeg
Where did the rubber go....?
image.jpg
Nearly all bulbs out...panel needs a respray in lancia 210 bianco!.........
image.jpg
There is a display in there somewhere?.......
image.jpg
Tired.......
image.jpg
One good thing about speakeasy is all the playfields were plastic resin not wood...so no PLAYFIELD cracking or wear at all...great idea..why did it not catch on, cost I suppose. You get no hole wear either............

Last edited:
Good stuff. Looking forward to this one.

Plastic resin playfield, very interesting

Thanks for posting this. Very helpful for a newbie like me. Can I ask about painting the legs and side rails? What prep do you give the legs and what paint do you use. Thanks . John.

Thanks for posting this. Very helpful for a newbie like me. Can I ask about painting the legs and side rails? What prep do you give the legs and what paint do you use. Thanks . John.
Hi John,
We use this paint or a similar trade paint from our local car factors, it goes on easy (as long as the ambient temperature is above 18c) and is pretty tough. Costs about £4.50 for 500ml.
image.jpg
Prep we keep simple...
1. Rub down with wire wool until all loose flaking paint and rust is removed and surface is relatively smooth. (If real bad you can use a wire drill bit).
2. Wipe down with white spirit to remove grease etc. So the paint sticks.
3. Wipe down with clean lint free cloth to remove any remaining debris.
4. Paint ...building up layers slowly do not allow to completely dry between coats, 5 to 6 coats is normally sufficient. We use satin black.
Hope that helps. Jack.

Last edited:
Started on electronics today.......first the displays. Cleaned and repaired. Few resistors failed otherwise ok. The usual dry joints. Just got to wait until power up to see if they have gassed out. Hope not as these are the three originals from the game.
image.jpg
Then on to the lamp driver three 2n5060 transistors gone on this board but no hacks. And the original board for the game!........
image.jpeg
Here they are removed q39 q30 and q13. Polished and cleaned the playfield. Apologies for the bad light my workshop was cold and dark today.
image.jpg

Hi John,
We use this paint or a similar trade paint from our local car factors, it goes on easy (as long as the ambient temperature is above 18c) and is pretty tough. Costs about £4.50 for 500ml.
View attachment 28207
Prep we keep simple...
1. Rub down with wire wool until all loose flaking paint and rust is removed and surface is relatively smooth. (If real bad you can use a wire drill bit).
2. Wipe down with white spirit to remove grease etc. So the paint sticks.
3. Wipe down with clean lint free cloth to remove any remaining debris.
4. Paint ...building up layers slowly do not allow to completely dry between coats, 5 to 6 coats is normally sufficient. We use satin black.
Hope that helps. Keith.
Thanks very much Keith, that's very helpful. John

Update....rebuilding the pop bumpers....pop bumper coil plunger top snapped clean off..new one from Andy :clap:
image.jpeg
Solenoid driver board needed two transistors replaced and a diode. But sadly needs a new 48v relay. I have ran out of these...anyone got one (Jim?)
image.jpeg
Flippers refurbished with new super Bands!.....will rebuild flipper mech later...
image.jpeg
One of the wire forms was missing from the top of the playfield......had to make one up! Not as shiney as original but will stop direct drain from launch:thumbs::thumbs:
image.jpeg
More to follow when we have time........

Great work.
That playfield has cleaned up wonderfully.

If you find a new relay can I have the plastic cover off the old one please ? Mine is missing on my Vector.

Back
Top Bottom