What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

In Progress Bally Space Invaders - Complete Restoration.

Courtney Blush

Never enough space.
Alias
Courtney
Hey all, this thread is for the pictures for the strip, repair and rebuild of my Space Invaders...

All comments greatly appreciated.

Courtney x

Right so progress so far (pics to follow)

Import machine from Dublin (thank you @magic with main cab already stripped and stenciled...
Strip playfield completely and send off to have the paint restored instead of fitting the provided overlay.

Build stock of new replacement parts for upper playfield :

Space Invaders Caps x 3
50 Point Caps x 4
All bodies for 7 bumpers.
Rubber kit
4 x Flipper Rebuild Kits
4 x new flipper bats
new CPR Plastics set
Full set of Drop targets
new set of 6 stationary targets
all new red star posts.
Leg protectors

So the only parts I want to get now are a new set of gunmetal grey legs.

The hardest part so far apart from taking hundreds of photos was the clear support plastics. They have metal cups that were fitted and flared to hold them. I have now removed them from the old badly yellowed plastics and fitted them to the new CPR ones.

looking good so far,did you use a heatgun or soldering iron to remove the metal posts from the plastics?

Soldering iron to remove, reamed the holes just big enough to pop the post in then soldering iron again to melt the plastic to the post.

Looking good on the posts CB! Now if only you can find all the bits I hid around the work room! Hehehe

it was when you said you were reaming the holes.
sorry, just my smutty schoolboy mind.

Archer is a NSFW cartoon that i love, here is a little collection:

and this is their take on Kenny Loggins' Danger Zone, a recurring joke:

i can't wait for season 8 which comes out on 5th April and is set 60 years ago in some kind of film noir setup. should be fun.

where are yo getting the art work done? Whats with the lamp holders? Trying to get 2nd hand ones? If you are, i have to say i don't blame you. I have had a fair few and i still get some that have a poor centre contact - don't make em like they used to i guess.

it was when you said you were reaming the holes.
sorry, just my smutty schoolboy mind.

Archer is a NSFW cartoon that i love, here is a little collection:

and this is their take on Kenny Loggins' Danger Zone, a recurring joke:

i can't wait for season 8 which comes out on 5th April and is set 60 years ago in some kind of film noir setup. should be fun.
You are entirely to blame for me being addicted to Archer.

I always download it from the bay of pirates. I have all 8 seasons and can probably put it in my Dropbox for anyone who wants em. Pm me if interested

Back
Top Bottom