What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

bally 37-8018 transformer

stevebm1

Registered
does anyone know what game this bally transformer was originally for?,it's only markings are 37-8018,it has a poorly hacked harness attached for the later style AS-2518-54 rectifier boards used in the early 80's,but I know that is not where it originated from
baltrans.jpeg

I have tried searching the web for bally 37-8018,but have had no luck finding any information

im not 100% sure,I know it gives out the correct voltages for the harness that's hacked,but the transformers for the later style AS-2518-54 rectifier boards did not have lugs on the transformer,the wires came straight out

i thought 37 was model number but it isn’t. the 8018 is date of manufacture. week 18 of 1980

the model number should be printed on the metal top. 16b-3 or 16b-6

No numbers printed on top,but I think your right Alan about it being a stern one,probably of the same period,I plan to use it as a test rig for a pile of old rectifier boards I have,so it should do the job

Found this info but it might mean nothing.

STERN
TRANSFORMER
16B-6
37-80xx​
Used by game:
Flight 2000​

it has no lug number 4 which also points to it being stern looking at some old stern schematics on ipdb

This is out of a Bally Future Spa.

Attachments

• bally.jpeg
    bally.jpeg
    66.5 KB · Views: 7
Back
Top Bottom