What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Back box bolt problem

Joyride

Registered
Got a bit of a problem with the head bolts on my Taxi. The wood that receives the bolts is wrecked, which means bolting down is a problem...

[attachment=754:ImageUploadedByTapatalk1336135196.217763.jpg]

Any suggestions on how to sort this?

Yes, sell your taxi to me and the problem is gone!! Ha ha. But seriously no sorry. Maybe get a nut and hold it the other side and screw into that.

GrizZ' date=' post: 1693170 said:
You could just forget about fixing those and attach the usual backbox latch. I think in home environment the latch AND bolts is always overkill anyway.

I only ever use the latch too

You'd need to buy a latch though, looking at that pic
wink-1.png

Temporary solution is to put the backbox upright and whack a couple of 1.5" screws through. Bit of a hack but better than the tinkle of broken glass....

GrizZ' date=' post: 1693170 said:
You could just forget about fixing those and attach the usual backbox latch. I think in home environment the latch AND bolts is always overkill anyway.

Got the back box latch on there now and it's sound.

Have given the whole thing a good clean, new rubbers, flippers rebuilt. It's playing really well now - Taxi is such a good fun, fast game when it's in good shape.
smile-1.png

Back
Top Bottom