What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

B66, munsters, potc (jjp)

domlouis

Registered
So I found myself walking from Birmingham snow hill to new street today and obviously tilt is in the way. I could afford to delay my next train journey a bit so I thought it would be rude not to pay a visit. So I did.
I was keen on trying titles I had never played in my limited time there. So I went for b66, munsters and ptoc.
Didn't have a clue what I was meant to do on any of them so went for the flashing lights.
B66 I really liked. I thought it flowed really well. Got a couple of multiball. I could understand some of the modes. I liked it.

Munsters felt quite different. A lot more random. I got multiballs but I have no idea how. I think I played 4 or 5 games and after the first one, I thought wtf. After the last one, i was getting to like it.

Potc, where to start, as soon as you start a game you realise how wide it is. It is enormous. I like the mini playfield that is rocking like a boat. And that's about all I liked about it. To be fair, by that point I was getting tight for time. So I only had 2 games. And they were over very quickly. I don't think I explored any of the left side of the playfield during those two games.

If I was to rate these games. I would rate them b66, munsters and potc. But I am not sure whether it is because i played them in that order!

Anyway, great line up at tilt as always. I didn't even explore the other levels.

Potc is really good but I fully understand why you didn’t like it after 2 games it certainly needs time spending on it

I really like how BM66 plays and think code wise, there is very little out there to compete with it - the risk/reward nature of it on the supers really talks to me, I would prefer it was themed in TDK personally, as that is the batman of my time, I don't think I'll own one, it's just too much money, but I love to play it when given the chance.

I played POTC at both Flipout and Pinfest, looked super deep and with what 20+ characters each with a different ladder on progression, that's going to take some time.

I haven't played Munsters, and I have been burnt before (with IM by saying, no it doesn't do anything for me) - but after seeing the code online for IM I thought WOW that looks amazing, then playing it reaffirmed, I do not get excited by what I have seen from Munsters so far.

As an aside, does Tilt have an Addams yet (again) ? Have got a friends birthday at the start of April and we were going to head over there :)

I really loved BM66 when I played it, the theme integration is superb, so cool. Pirates looks goodbut have not had a chance to have blast on one. Munsters looks pretty bland imo, art work aside

I LOVE PIRATES!!! - Brilliant artwork, layout, toys, theme!

But to truly get the best out of Pirates it needs to be a home machine!
The rules are pretty deep, the sheer amount of modes and multi balls is simply unmatched by any other machine I have encountered!

6 Multiballs (which you can stack)
25 Chapters...
5 Wizard Modes...
1 Super Wizard Mode once you complete all the other wizard modes

You'd have to have a game of a life time to get to Break the Curse!

The POTC at pinfest and flipout is the proto - the final game is different and much better in my view - although the pinside thread on POTC is scary **** from a QA POV. JJP have stopped making the game already to start on Guns and Roses*

* or maybe Wonka

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited by a moderator:
The rule map looks like a map to a secret treasure. You'll never get there.
Ok so maybe next time i'll pay more attention to POTC.

Did JJP not get fully licensed product with POTC ? I heard the film theme music is omitted...not played it though so not sure if it’s true 100%....

They didn’t get any music or video artifacts. Same with toy story all though that’s being renegotiated hence why wonka is ahead of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I gather Hans Zimmer isn't cheap. Hence why it's also missing from The Dark Knight. Or any music rights for that matter....

I went to The World of Hans Zimmer concert in Glasgow on Friday. Amazing! Love his music.

Thought I would resurrect this thread as there is a discussion on Munsters at the moment with @BigIan and @Neil McRae about the code, to chime in on it, my view is there doesn't seem to be a path to follow, or I couldn't follow it for sure... I love SS because it has set modes that you work through and then you get to Monster Multiball by going through Scared Stiff, that's the closest game in my mind I could get to with Munsters, but the modes didn't seem defined and the payoff (Is it Munster Multiball?) didn't really stack up to me either...

Of the games I own:

- SS is modes which are "always" open, to payoff - with each mode offering something more along the way too (i.e. deadheads increasing value, multiball extenders and ramps to up jackpots etc)

Personal Payoff - Monster Multiball

- IMDN - light mode, take mode on, move on, play modes for points to get to 2M2M. Cyborg, Eddie Cards, Tomb Treasures for depth and serious scoring.

Personal Payoff - Cyborg, Loop Jackpots

- TWD - mode based again, via lighting mode on, shooting said mode, amazing stacking of modes with MB's (you can take a mode into any of the 3 Main MB's (not sure you can get crossbow on a pro?!?) i.e. Prison, Well or Blood Bath, but not activate one whilst in it, nice strategy), all leading to Terminus - depth and serious scoring from Horde, and Last Man Standing (although I assume only people like @Wayne J have got to that)

Personal Payoff - Blood Bath MB, HUGE Riot Scores, Smashing the X Shots, Horde

I just don't "get" how to play munsters, what I have seen it all looks very random, that was my issue, but it hasn't really been put out there of what to do, even after watching Jack Dangers video and tutorial on it. I would love someone to do a serious video on it. Plus, the payoff didn't feel as good as watching some of the others before playing. I bought TWD because of Bowen's tutorial for instance because HORDE is, in my opinion, one of the best modes in pinball.

POTC is so hard it's killing me, I can only play a coupe of games and then it frustrates the heck out of me - have to seek solace in MMr and IJ . Even on easier settings it's still hard. It's the most frustrating game I have in the line up.

See I love balls to the wall tough games, TWD kicks my ass and I always come back for more...

I LOVE PIRATES!!! - Brilliant artwork, layout, toys, theme!

But to truly get the best out of Pirates it needs to be a home machine!
The rules are pretty deep, the sheer amount of modes and multi balls is simply unmatched by any other machine I have encountered!

6 Multiballs (which you can stack)
25 Chapters...
5 Wizard Modes...
1 Super Wizard Mode once you complete all the other wizard modes

You'd have to have a game of a life time to get to Break the Curse!

View attachment 81518

Having had a Pirates for a week now, I do think it's a great game, but currently see it as a multi-ball game, the modes are all very samey and quite random. Some have 8 characters to hit, some have 3. No real explanation and not sure of the advantage of finishing one with lots of characters vs less. I know that modes are a progression to mini wizard modes and so are necessary, but I'd hope that there would be some variation as currently they are all the same. Maybe I'm spoiled by the huge creativity in the hobbit modes.

My only issue with POTC from a reliability POV is that the Chest shot rarely fires the ball up even when qualified. Has to have a really hard shot to work? Not sure of the exact cause or fix.

My only issue with POTC from a reliability POV is that the Chest shot rarely fires the ball up even when qualified. Has to have a really hard shot to work? Not sure of the exact cause or fix.
You can adjust the forks from underneath. Mine works 100%
Tomorrow I'm removing the ship to repair the flipper eos. Wish me luck.

TH code on release seem to be heavily aimed at multiball. However the code has improved so much on this pin now. I’m sure they will do this with POTC. Although they don’t have a lot of movie to work with. TBH the shouldn’t have wasted money on that licence as they have very little to play with..

TH code on release seem to be heavily aimed at multiball. However the code has improved so much on this pin now. I’m sure they will do this with POTC. Although they don’t have a lot of movie to work with. TBH the shouldn’t have wasted money on that licence as they have very little to play with..

We talking about POTC?
Only 25 modes
5 Wizard Modes
1 Super Wizard Mode
6 Multiballs
And various other bits and bobs

Plenty to do there!

Not much film only 5 films which each of the routes to each wizard mode is based off...

Only 25 modes

Aren’t there 125 modes in total? I’ve read that there’s 25 modes for each of the five films, five of which are randomly selected at the start of each game. This means that there’s 25 modes available to play in any individual game, but the specific modes vary from game to game.

I watched this video yesterday which does a pretty good job of explaining the rules:

Also, am I the only one who is glad that they couldn’t use much from the movie? i wouldn’t want to play it so much if I had to see clip after clip of Depp.

Back
Top Bottom