B66, munsters, potc (jjp)

domlouis

May 28, 2014
Derby
So I found myself walking from Birmingham snow hill to new street today and obviously tilt is in the way. I could afford to delay my next train journey a bit so I thought it would be rude not to pay a visit. So I did.
I was keen on trying titles I had never played in my limited time there. So I went for b66, munsters and ptoc.
Didn't have a clue what I was meant to do on any of them so went for the flashing lights.
B66 I really liked. I thought it flowed really well. Got a couple of multiball. I could understand some of the modes. I liked it.

Munsters felt quite different. A lot more random. I got multiballs but I have no idea how. I think I played 4 or 5 games and after the first one, I thought wtf. After the last one, i was getting to like it.

Potc , where to start, as soon as you start a game you realise how wide it is. It is enormous. I like the mini playfield that is rocking like a boat. And that's about all I liked about it. To be fair, by that point I was getting tight for time. So I only had 2 games. And they were over very quickly. I don't think I explored any of the left side of the playfield during those two games.

If I was to rate these games. I would rate them b66, munsters and potc . But I am not sure whether it is because i played them in that order!

Anyway, great line up at tilt as always. I didn't even explore the other levels.

Reactions: Mfresh and Ady Pope

James

Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2017
Norwich
I really like how BM66 plays and think code wise, there is very little out there to compete with it - the risk/reward nature of it on the supers really talks to me, I would prefer it was themed in TDK personally, as that is the batman of my time, I don't think I'll own one, it's just too much money, but I love to play it when given the chance.

I played POTC at both Flipout and Pinfest, looked super deep and with what 20+ characters each with a different ladder on progression, that's going to take some time.

I haven't played Munsters, and I have been burnt before (with IM by saying, no it doesn't do anything for me) - but after seeing the code online for IM I thought WOW that looks amazing, then playing it reaffirmed, I do not get excited by what I have seen from Munsters so far.

Durzel

Site Supporter
Oct 1, 2017
Bath, UK
As an aside, does Tilt have an Addams yet (again) ? Have got a friends birthday at the start of April and we were going to head over there :)

huggers

Sep 22, 2016
West Dorset
I really loved BM66 when I played it, the theme integration is superb, so cool. Pirates looks goodbut have not had a chance to have blast on one. Munsters looks pretty bland imo, art work aside

Tilt_Birmingham

Apr 26, 2016
birmingham
I LOVE PIRATES!!! - Brilliant artwork, layout, toys, theme!

But to truly get the best out of Pirates it needs to be a home machine!
The rules are pretty deep, the sheer amount of modes and multi balls is simply unmatched by any other machine I have encountered!

6 Multiballs (which you can stack)
25 Chapters...
5 Wizard Modes...
1 Super Wizard Mode once you complete all the other wizard modes

You'd have to have a game of a life time to get to Break the Curse!

Neil McRae

Site Supporter
Jun 5, 2016
Surrey
The POTC at pinfest and flipout is the proto - the final game is different and much better in my view - although the pinside thread on POTC is scary **** from a QA POV. JJP have stopped making the game already to start on Guns and Roses*

* or maybe Wonka

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:
OP
OP
domlouis

domlouis

May 28, 2014
Derby
The rule map looks like a map to a secret treasure. You'll never get there.
Ok so maybe next time i'll pay more attention to POTC .