What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Autoplaying device at power on.

Spadge

Registered
Hi, looking for a device that will play media (USB or CD/DVD) immediately from a power-on.

I've tons of devices and such, but nothing obvious seems to work. I am going to mess about with an old laptop to see if I can trigger that, but thoughts welcome as I've too much tech clouding my judgement!

Raspberry Pi will do that, add your command to rc.local.

You could buy a Pi Zero for a fiver ;)

Hi, looking for a device that will play media (USB or CD/DVD) immediately from a power-on.

I've tons of devices and such, but nothing obvious seems to work. I am going to mess about with an old laptop to see if I can trigger that, but thoughts welcome as I've too much tech clouding my judgement!

Out of interest... what are you trying to achieve?

Sonos for example is always on and just triggered by a button on you iPhone, it's "flicking a switch" if you will... but can be tucked out of the way with no issues so you don't have to get your hand in somewhere to turn it on, or move it about, if that's what you are trying to stop needing to do.

It's very simple. I have all my machines, lights, all sorts geared to a remote control. I thought it would be fun to boot with an audio track by the who :)

My first thought was that you’re creating a video mod to replace the CFTBL hologram.

CB
My first thought was that you’re creating a video mod to replace the CFTBL hologram.

CB

Actually I just couldn't really get on with CFTBL. Had one on loan for a while, originally had big plans to revamp it up with pinsound, colour lcd mod for the hologram. As a game and a table, it just didn't do anything for me. I know it has fans and admirers - this is a subjective thing really.

Alexa, Sonos, and Alexa Enabled Power Sockets

Run in the IFTT (If that then this) app, for when pinballs are turned on, pinball playlist starts...

Walk in your room, and say "Alexa, turn on pinballs"

BOOM!

Alexa, Sonos, and Alexa Enabled Power Sockets

Run in the IFTT (If that then this) app, for when pinballs are turned on, pinball playlist starts...

Walk in your room, and say "Alexa, turn on pinballs"

BOOM!

I have an echo in the room that does the music "echo play britpop" etc as I have an amazon prime account. I don't need echo control of the sockets as it's expensive and un-necessary. Its a simple finger tap as is. I just want to plug something in that wakes up and plays some music. I think I'll use a small laptop I have spare.

Back
Top Bottom