What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Auto Launch Bracket - A14526, 3D Printing Journey Progress

myPinballs

Site Supporter
Alias
Jim
I just completed another little project. The auto launch bracket that's always knackered on every williams game you see. I'm adding this to my new shapeways store once final checks are done

https://www.shapeways.com/shops/mypinballs-3d-parts

The plastic abs options, although sound odd are actually pretty resilient and you can get 3d metal parts now to. Good to have this created for the future to. I think plastic parts could be a solution for certain parts that are becoming unavailable or not remade, or prone to failure and expensive to replace. I often hear people mentioning that things are getting too expensive. I believe the cost of this type of manufacture will reduce further in time to.

Anyone with more ideas on parts that would benefit from being available in this form comment away below.

IMG_1916.JPG

IMG_1918.JPG

Interested in what you are using to create the original models (software wise)... Have Just picked up a 3d printer as want to see what all the fuss is about, however havent had a chance to set it up yet.... :rofl:

I love the idea of being able to create my own mods, or "hard to get" parts... Will be interesting to see how resilient some of the solutions actually are!

Checkout www.tinkercad.com
Free webbased model editing.
Theres something called open scad but that works differently - its script driven.

Not just pinball but www.thingiverse.com is where I get most of my printable models. I wasnt sure I needed a 3d printer.. After visiting this site I bought a cheapy one from ebay which kinda worked.. after a fashion... sometimes. Bit the bullet and bought a CR-10
Ive probably gone thru around 20 rolls of filament since :)

Interested in what you are using to create the original models (software wise)... Have Just picked up a 3d printer as want to see what all the fuss is about, however havent had a chance to set it up yet.... :rofl:

I love the idea of being able to create my own mods, or "hard to get" parts... Will be interesting to see how resilient some of the solutions actually are!

I use matter control for the 3d printing section and i currently use free cad for the 3d design side. I would prefer to use solid works, but i cant afford the licence, so free cad is ok for now.

Mattercontrol is a great piece of software. No complaints on that

The great thing about creating 3d parts is you can prototype on your own 3d printer using pla and then get the same thing made on a million pound machine via shapeways in metal or abs later

Back
Top Bottom