What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Audio pop

I think most people on here just want the pop gone.
It's not the speakers blowing.

I already have one of those :)
The boards we are looking at is a really neat fit

View attachment 79770
Here we go!
Easy
On wpc dcs or wpc95 use one channel for back box and one for sub

Well last time I looked at this around 7-8 years ago these didn’t exist, other than the diy type for pinball..
Have ordered a couple of 2.1 units (L,R,Sub) and will report back... might be a while tho since have got direct from HK....

Will probably hold off for now. It's a nice to have, not something I'm really losing sleep over. And $40 a pop + shipping when the Pound is in the toilet vs the dollar isn't helping.

Darn, thought I'd already uploaded a response a month ago.
Same issues - which seem standard.
Agree - an annoyance not a liability - but I wanted to sort..

I found this:

Which at £3.50 is a steal.

Easy wire-up - and sorted.

Attachments

• Williams Sound 1 s.jpg
    Williams Sound 1 s.jpg
    152.3 KB · Views: 19
  • Williams Sound 2 s.jpg
    Williams Sound 2 s.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 19
  • Williams Sound 3 (power) s.jpg
    Williams Sound 3 (power) s.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 21
  • Williams Sound 4 (sound-mount) s.jpg
    Williams Sound 4 (sound-mount) s.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 21
By the way folks, there's a reason to power these from AC rather than one of the existing DC rails in the machine.

If you power it from AC, it will drop out instantly (as soon as mains power is disconnected), therefore preventing switch off pops as well. If you power it from (for example) the well smoothed 5V DC, the board may drop out after some of the other rails have already gone down.

Back
Top Bottom