What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Audio pop

Is there any device to get rid of this audio pop when switching on and off a WPC pin?
That's incredible. Was just about to post on this. The new Hurricane pops really loudly on start up and turn off. Isn't there supposed to be some kind of choke affair to stop this. Sounds atrocious! Was going to look at circuits and fathom if something had blown.. Then presumed someone here would know.. Then Vimtoman!..

Sent from my FP2 using Tapatalk

There's been a delay relay circuit designed but cant find any online to purchase.
A really nice one that plugs into the Audio power connector with audio connectors.
Doug is the person but no mention of contact details

he is looking to reverse engineer a working proto-type designed by Sir Squires of Swavesey (if he can source the parts )

@mufcmufc Thats the one designed by doug. Looks really nice.
I've ordered a simple audio delay pcb form ebay which would probably do it.

Check your speakers haven’t perished my bsd used to do this until I realised the base speaker had rotted. Replaced it and never made that noise again
I thought the base speaker had had it. Thanks, you may well have put your finger right on it. Nice one..

Sent from my FP2 using Tapatalk

@Vimtoman have you heard anything about getting these PCBs? I note that you commented on that pinballrevolution thread.

I know the pop is harmless but at the same time if getting rid of it doesn't cost much then I'd be keen.

The chap who makes them run out of PCB's.
Said he was going to make some more but I've not heared anymore from him.
Will chase him up.
Do you want one?

I'd ideally like 3. 2 for myself and 1 for a friend with a Funhouse. I have PM'd him already (after finding this thread) so we'll see I guess. Given that thread has been going for 2 years I'm not holding my breath.. it sounds like the guy is very busy with everything else in his life.

Yes it does sound like that.
Was looking at building one myself.
May still do that when i have a bit of time.

Ok , Ive ordered some bits from China to make a nopop board.
Just in case Doug in the US does not make anymore.

Update

Doug got back in touch.
He's been really busy and will catch up with the various orders he has.
He will let me know what he has left after that.
He is going to make another version later on to cut the DCS section out.

He's said he will see what he has left from the last batch made.
I dont see it happening very soon. I may not get any until he makes some more.
Apparently there is someone in Birmingham who is working in conjunction with Doug in some way.
Dont know who the chap is though

Hmm... if it's from Birmingham then the only ones that spring to mind would be @Pick Holder or @Courtney Blush maybe?

EDIT : alternatively is the project open source? If we could get a gerber of the PBC or similar I'm sure we could build these without much of a problem...

Last edited:
Hmm... if it's from Birmingham then the only ones that spring to mind would be @Pick Holder or @Courtney Blush maybe?

EDIT : alternatively is the project open source? If we could get a gerber of the PBC or similar I'm sure we could build these without much of a problem...
:) asked about gerbers . I dont think Doug will release them.
It's not open source .
He's done a nice job of it and the price seems OK.
I've ordered 5 but may not need them all.
If I have any spare then I will post the free ones on her.
I think mark adams wanted one so he may have first refusal

:) asked about gerbers . I dont think Doug will release them.
It's not open source .
He's done a nice job of it and the price seems OK.
I've ordered 5 but may not need them all.
If I have any spare then I will post the free ones on her.
I think mark adams wanted one so he may have first refusal

Alternatively would he be willing to do a pinballinfo group buy?? [emoji16]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

I will ask him.
I think he's got freetime issues due to new job.
I've mentioned supplying parts but he wants to build to keep the spec.
I guess we're in his hands on this one.
I'm personally not in any rush so not a problem.

I'm also trying out the raspisound device so that would sort of make this device redundant.

I’ve personally not seen a jukebox or pinball blow speakers when switching them on.

The speakers will take it.

You are in my opinion wasting time and money on sorting out a problem that doesn’t exist.

Sorry to sound blunt!

Yes speakers perish. But it’s very rare to hear of a speaker blowing unless an amp goes DC on start up.

If it was an issue jersey jack would of put some kind of relay into his games. Dialed in makes a right pop when powering up!

Back
Top Bottom