What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Attempting to repair a projector

R

RobZombie

I thought the bulb had finally gone on my Benq TH681 projector after a couple of years heavy use. But the burning smell was a worry. Ordered a new £145 bulb from Benq which I've just tested tonight and it's still not working. More burning smell. Stripped the projector down and found this damaged board. Electronics is definitely not my area of expertise. Anyone think this is repairable?

20180417_212432.jpg 20180417_212456.jpg

Cheers Paul. Yes I came to the same conclusion. Saw that one, then saw they take payment via Western Union.....found one on eBay from Romania instead :) The only other lamp ballast board on the internet I could find!

With the price of bulbs and rarity of parts it seems Benq want these projectors to be expensive throw away units.

That board will be repairable as a last resort. I had a similarly badly burnt board that I successfully repaired and still going strong.

Looks pretty similar! Hopefully this one from Romania will do the job. Cheers!

My mind is blown! Will have to have a look at ditching MyHermes in favour of TNT for my eBay sales...

You sure it came from Romania and that's not just the tax relief business address. A bit like the Chinese eBay sellers who have stock in the UK.

Saying that we once needed a new power supply module for a server at work that was obsolete on the open market. HP located a new one at a hub in Northern Europe somewhere. They got a sales guy to fly over with it the next day in the hope we would be convinced to do a full server bank upgrade, at the time we had something like 16 physical servers.

Needless to say we got a new PSU the next day but didn't opt for the upgrade.

Yeah it definitely came all the way from Romania. Can't even begin to tell you how much I've missed having a projector for the last 12 months. If anyone is thinking about buying one...just do it!!

20180419_201520_HDR.jpg

Back
Top Bottom