What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Arcade machine Weight & Technique advice!

Dave Bishop

Site Supporter
Hey All

I've got a DAYTONA 2 Twin cabinet coming.

I looked into size... it will fit through my neighbours back gate

I've been reading that this cabinets are 560lbs (40 stone!) Im hoping that is both and so each one is around 20stone (similar to pinball machine)

As mentioned, it's coming through my neighbours garden, I thought that the cabinets came apart , like into 4 pieces, cabinets split, seats detached, but on investing the frame for the seats and monitor is one.
The cabinet is on castors, but pushing/pulling thorough a garden is going to rip up my neighbours nice new lawn!

I've also got to remove a fence panel and get the cabinet UP a height difference of 30cm to my decking, across my lawn and then up 20cm or so step into my games room..

I'm thinking ply sheets to help move the cabinet across the grass and act as a ramp to get the cabinets in.

Secondly the floor in my games room is 4x2 joist with 12mm ply then 5mm floorboards. Will this take the weight of this badboy, I do have pinballs but I'm thinking 20stone machine with 16 stone bloke sitting on it !

Anyone had any experience with this stuff! Any advice would be appreciated!

Thanks

Yeah I've seen that,

Because it had to go down to his basement.
He says the cabinet weighs 560lbs. I'm sure a single side does not weigh 40stone tho!

Other sites say a twin weighs 557lbs

The monitor is around 132lb so thats a fair bit of the weight gone, however looking at the service manual for a single cab I think he is joking. Discharging the monitor is fine aslong as you don't touch things which you shouldn't be touching you'll be fine ie the outer casing.

@carl lawrence just said he recommends putting two peices of 4x1 under the legs to spread the load.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Nottinghamshire is famous for very little.

But there is one local philosophy that might help

Get some other c@@@ to do it

I will be calling the guy tomorrow and asking about how the machine arrives. And if the delivery is curbside only :eek:.

It's coming next week so got a bit of time to organise/plan

Martin is dropping off a DAYTONA upright tomorrow, so will have a practice run.
It's been ****ing down all day and the ground is soaked.. going to need those boards I think!

Back
Top Bottom