What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apollo 13 LED ghosting festival

System11

Registered
Hi all, picked up some Premium 2 no ghosting LEDs for A13 which I'm finally repairing and cleaning up.

Unfortunately, it ghosts a lot. I put a normal bulb into one of the inserts that looks half lit when anything in that column is on, and it works perfectly - not even a glimmer of light from the filament. Every column and row is affected.

Is there any solution for this, or does anyone know a brand of LED bulb which definitely works without ghosting in a Sega pin?

I was actually getting it ready to play for a little then sell - I might have to just return the LEDs and throw new incandescents in - that's too much money to add to the price.

Some sellers really should modify the description of their so called non ghosting LEDs. The only time they don't ghost is if you put them in a machine that doesn't ghost.

Well I bought some from Comet eventually (took a while for them have everything in stock), here is the result:

The ones in the pop bumpers are still a kind that ghosts, but to replace those I'd have to dismantle the whole top half of the machine again and they spend 95%+ of their time on anyway. As you can see the LEDs from Comet have completely resolved the problem.

Back
Top Bottom