What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

In Progress Apollo 13 – “Failure is not an option” “but it’s going to take soon time”

Decisions, decisions. Stripped most of the bl**dy paint / powder coating of the rails - Nitromors, heat gun, stanley knife, homemade caustic bath, sandblasting - what a PIG of a job and still not perfect.

Quotes for Chroming rails £180 ish or do I go for as @Neil McRae suggested, metallic black along with all metal work. hmm??? - cheaper option hmm??

New Decals ordered from @PeteB

A huge thank you to @chris platt - amazing job - and yes you are a miracle worker - over the moon (no pun intended) with the work that he has done on my playfield. Still need to collect if from @carl lawrence house after he getting his also on the same day - Happy birthday for the other day mate - didn't know.

Pics of playfield to follow...

Attachments

• IMG_20180215_104042056.jpg
    IMG_20180215_104042056.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 25
A huge thank you to @chris platt - amazing job - and yes you are a miracle worker - over the moon (no pun intended) with the work that he has done on my playfield. Still need to collect if from @carl lawrence house after he getting his also on the same day - Happy birthday for the other day mate - didn't know.

You don't have to pick it up , I could just hang it up on my wall as a work of art ,as it is a thing of beauty ;)

Thanks Mike
And yes just hit the 47 mark ,another 3 more year and it will be the big 50 :eek:

You don't have to pick it up , I could just hang it up on my wall as a work of art ,as it is a thing of beauty ;)

Thanks Mike
And yes just hit the 47 mark ,another 3 more year and it will be the big 50 :eek:
My 47th was the 5th Feb so I'm a bit closer mate. Still as they say "it's not how old you are it the person you feel". Pity Swimbo is a bit older[emoji23]

Sent via my phone and Still looking for a working but inexpensive TWD....[emoji57]

Was that a starter motor you used for that buffing machine?

If so , i am going to nip down to my dads and nick his , as he used to repair alternators :rolleyes:

Metalwork back from the powder coaters.

Cosmic black and illusion Blueberry. Stoked with the finish

http://www.retrocoatings.co.uk Sandbach.

Blasters and coaters. Job done in 3 days after dropping them off

Mike said he'd thought he'd done all things, first pinball stuff he's done.
They can arrange collection and post if required

Looks amazing. Blue required an undercoat first. Also metallic is always more, but this ain't a cheap shop
uploads.tapatalk_cdn.com_20180304_cde9dfd9b7f07ea2d3299c70889e7b9f.jpguploads.tapatalk_cdn.com_20180304_ea91c30ab77cc4acb7b45a45d22a9f45.jpguploads.tapatalk_cdn.com_20180304_b37f69e7a9f4e87d6356ce9b6443e440.jpguploads.tapatalk_cdn.com_20180304_173c733973010863a1540e8a82f2d281.jpguploads.tapatalk_cdn.com_20180304_a17bb679d48ea9b595d845d93c76e0b4.jpguploads.tapatalk_cdn.com_20180304_76008652cd8015fad2dbbdb396fb98c5.jpguploads.tapatalk_cdn.com_20180304_5d78ef795ec3e97c71b89ffcd0e7fbff.jpg

Looks really sweet mite have to pop down to the powder coaters :rolleyes:

Really nice chap that runs it mate - called Mike also - must be in the name :rofl: Quick turnaround, couple of niggles on the ramps where they've hung them from - noticeable but hope they can sort as it will annoy me a bit after spending so much on the whole project so far......

Also didn't need to spend so much time on blasting myself along with caustic bath etc. Said it wouldn't of been much cheaper - lesson learnt

That rotisserie ready for lend yet? ;)

Really nice chap that runs it mate - called Mike also - must be in the name :rofl: Quick turnaround, couple of niggles on the ramps where they've hung them from - noticeable but hope they can sort as it will annoy me a bit after spending so much on the whole project so far......

Also didn't need to spend so much time on blasting myself along with caustic bath etc. Said it wouldn't of been much cheaper - lesson learnt

That rotisserie ready for lend yet? ;)
Unfortunately I am a million miles away at this point ,don't know what to do with the lamp holders yet :hmm:

Decisions, decisions. Stripped most of the bl**dy paint / powder coating of the rails - Nitromors, heat gun, stanley knife, homemade caustic bath, sandblasting - what a PIG of a job and still not perfect.

Quotes for Chroming rails £180 ish or do I go for as @Neil McRae suggested, metallic black along with all metal work. hmm??? - cheaper option hmm??

New Decals ordered from @PeteB

Pics of playfield to follow...
Hi If we can help with your powder coating requirments please give us a call at retro coatings sandbach near crewe 01270 764643.
We blast and strip as well as powder coat. full range of colours available... cheers , Mike

@retrocoatings Mike, how can we get stuff to you if not that local? I'm in Nottingham and haven't been able to find a local powdercoaters I'm happy with.

I'd just give them a call Pinball Rail.jpg Pinball rail 2.jpg - apparently they have a guy take stuff all over the country for them and collection as well - for example they said a Barbers Chair to London was £50 and only another £25 for an additional Chair so seems quite reasonable.

Just sorting out with them how to rectify the little blemishes on my wire forms - of course they have to hang them from something which will inevitably leave a mark so maybe an inconspicuous tiny hole somewhere on them to hang them from.

@retrocoatings Mike, how can we get stuff to you if not that local? I'm in Nottingham and haven't been able to find a local powdercoaters I'm happy with.
hi.. we use a courier local to us, he's about all over the place. if he can tie in other drops/collections at the same time its quite fair i think. we use him alot all over the uk. i can get a cost if needed... thanks, Mike

Thanks Mike, I'm not working on any games at the moment but will bear you in mind when I start my next project :thumbs:

I'd just give them a call View attachment 60544 View attachment 60545 - apparently they have a guy take stuff all over the country for them and collection as well - for example they said a Barbers Chair to London was £50 and only another £25 for an additional Chair so seems quite reasonable.

Just sorting out with them how to rectify the little blemishes on my wire forms - of course they have to hang them from something which will inevitably leave a mark so maybe an inconspicuous tiny hole somewhere on them to hang them from.

Can they not hang them from the screw hole bits?
Then when they are remounted you wont see the nicks (unless you look for them)
wireforms.jpg

I also had mine done at Retrocoatings, great setup they have there, as soon as I find the next pin I will be taking the parts down to these guys again.

20180315_064731.jpg

20180315_170026.jpg

Can they not hang them from the screw hole bits?
Then when they are remounted you wont see the nicks (unless you look for them)
View attachment 60968
I have spoken to them and they did say that they understood and would gladly redo, to soften the blow as it's a three coat process, they asked if I could wait until I needed more. sadly not needing anything more done in that quality colour but if someone else does then I'm sure they'll give me a nod. It was the first time in 20 years that they've done any pinball parts so wouldn't know best place to hang them from. I should have realised really. Glad @robertlucas1970 yours turned out great. They really are a good setup and fair pricing tbh.

Back
Top Bottom