What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone using X10 Home Automation still? (do you want it Alexa enabled/controlled?)

AlanJ

Site Supporter
Alias
Alan
Off pinball topic - but I wondered if anyone still using X10 Home Automation stuff? I ditched it ages ago for my sockets in favour of wifi switches, but unfortunately for me, my main oom lights for most of the house is controlled by X10 dimmers, that are all installed in the loft. There is 27 separate circuits, 27 X10 DIN rail dimmers!!!!.

So, I deiced to replace with something newer, and I ended up writing my own Alexa to X10 interface, so now I can control X10 devices via Alexa. (or a webpage).

Anyone need a similar solution?

I ripped all my X10 out in favour of Lightwave but I’d have thought HA bridge and the new automation skill would make reasonably straight forward? Is that how you are doing it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I ripped all my X10 out in favour of Lightwave but I’d have thought HA bridge and the new automation skill would make reasonably straight forward? Is that how you are doing it?

And thinking about it if they are all DIN rail dimmers you could easily bypass them and put in lightwave inline dimmers ? Assuming you can access them?

https://lightwaverf.com/products/inline-dimmer-200w

And you can pair them with lightwaverf switches and use IFTTT etc.

Cheers
Neil.

I tried various bridge s/w systems - mone worked 100% so I wrote my own running on an wifi enabled arduino.

I looked at those lightwave dimmers (and other similar ones) - for me, the issue with them is that they don't support hard wired switching and that's what I have in a lot of rooms in the house and I want to keep those. The beauty of my arduino system is that is supports those hard wired push switches as well.

I have a hard wired Lutron system which is rock solid. Part of the homeworks offering.

I tried various bridge s/w systems - mone worked 100% so I wrote my own running on an wifi enabled arduino.

I looked at those lightwave dimmers (and other similar ones) - for me, the issue with them is that they don't support hard wired switching and that's what I have in a lot of rooms in the house and I want to keep those. The beauty of my arduino system is that is supports those hard wired push switches as well.
Hi Alan, is this sort of developed from my code for my shed I sent you - ie the 2 way switching elemt of this ?

would be interested to see how you have done this

Cheers

kev

Hi Alan, is this sort of developed from my code for my shed I sent you - ie the 2 way switching elemt of this ?

would be interested to see how you have done this

Cheers

kev
Hi Kev, no it's something completely different. I get the arduino to send X10 signals to the existing X10 hardware.

Yes I bought one off ebay for a few £'s and it works fine. I dont really need it but I was just curious as to how they work

Back
Top Bottom