What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone help with a Williams 1976 EM?

StratDoc

Registered
I have an Aztec that started flaring up with the score wheels not resetting - score motor would constantly run and relay switches in the backbox pulse.

I pulled all the score reels and cleaned and adjusted them which solved a number of the problems, but still have one persistent issue. The 100,000 score will not reset. The number 3 reset relay pulses but the score reel coil does not energize to move the score reel to O. If I manually set the the 100,000 score reel to 9 it will rest to 0 and a game starts. If the score reel is manually set to 0 a game starts. Any number on the 100,000 score reel other than 9 or 0 and the game keeps constantly trying to reset.

Thanks for any help.

Aztec is a 4 player game so I assume only one of the players 100,000 score/drum unit is demonstrating the problem described above? The 9th position switch is working as the drum unit steps to 0 when you manually move it to 9, similarly the 0 position switch opens to stop the motor so is working. As such I suggest inspect the switch on the No. 3 Reset Re. which relates to the problematic player score position, they are circled below.

This is a guess based on the schematics I don't own a Williams or a 4 player game!

1542493202760.png

Back
Top Bottom