What's new

Wanted Anyone got any video games they’d let go?

I spoke to some really helpful guys on UKvac and I would have had to of got the monitor chassis to a guy called gunblade , but the monitor needs to degaussing and having looked at how to do that I am never going to do it as I would kill myself lol
Really?? Degausing wand and the screen.... even you could do that!!

It shouldnt have arrived like that... my suspicion is Monitor caps.. however "Colapsed" doesnt give us much to go on!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Degausse...de-Monitors-Television-70MT-Nice/392717581567

Gunblade over at ukvac fixed some G07's for me. So he would be my first port of call. Make sure you don't miss any other big caps on the chassis would could also be holding a charge. Discharge with your screwdriver & clip to ground.

When discharging put one hand in your pocket.... you don't want any possible HV charge crossing your body from left to right (and potentially across your heart.)

Also if there was a big crack when discharging a monitor there can also be a residual charge so leave it 5-10 mins and check again before pulling off the anode cap.

This thread has reminded me I need to pull the monitor from my Outrun and send it off to Grant :thumbs:

Lol my skill set is shocking dude and I don’t fancy dying of a shock 😂😂
Ah, you'll be fine. There's nasty voltages on pins too and if you've survived so far I'm sure you'll be fine! You're bound to get a slight p1sser at some point!

deals with dry joints that lead to horizontal (vertical) collapse. Have a look at that.
What's the monitor again?

I personally suspect a bigger source of shocks on CRTs are from TV sets and some CRT in games, are that a surprising amount of TVs have mains-level power running through parts of the circuit board at all times, even when 'switched off'.

Especially in America where there are no hard switches on their mains plugs (most of the time) and when you're scared of the big old tube, I can imagine it's easy to take your eye off of the circuit board with mains power and give yourself a belter that way.

Sacrilege maybe, but looking to add 1 or 2 video games to my room. If you’re selling or thinking about it please dm me. Looking for classic Atari, super sprint, anything in good nick. I don’t know why because I can only play pac man right now 🤪😂

Are you looking for dedicated cabs only, or having a few cabs where you change the pcbs in every so often? Some nice original cabs with a selection of original pcbs to swap in an out can be a good way to maximise space. And a few arcade cabs in the games room is a great addition in my view as well as pinballs. Variation is the key

I have a few more arcade boards probably coming up for sale soon once some repairs are finished, donkey kong jnr, gun lock/ray force, bubble bobble. Then i have some galaxian and galaga ones to look at and a kung fu master.

I have an orginal Jamma cab that im thinking of moving on as its sitting in the corner gathering dust, think it was a playscene one from memory 4 button orginal wwf wrestlefest themed, has game elf in it but also jamma as i use it with the orginal wrestlefest board

Attachments

• 20170703_184256.jpg
    20170703_184256.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 37
Having trained doing electronics on TVs in the mid 80s I have had my share of shocks.

Be safe folks.

By the way a good electric shock kills the Corona virus.
Ive had a few shocks off the line valves back in the day, the smell of burnt skin.

Back
Top Bottom