What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone Good With Stereo Amps ?

DRD

Registered
I run my local once-a-month village hall cinema. To date I have been using my 15 year old Pioneer VSX-D2011 as a stereo amp. This was a mid to high end 7.1 channel THX rated home AV home cinema amp back in the day.

I use it to drive 2x inexpensive PA 12" woofer speakers on tripods. The amp gives Rated Power Output of 100 W + 100 W (20 Hz – 20 kHz, 0.09 %, 8 Ω)

The hall is big enough to house a badminton court in it. We can seat up to about 120 punters. My old amp does the job very well, but I am getting sick of carrying/ packing/ setting the thing up as it weighs about 20kg

Does anyone know of a suitable (lighter) alternative for under say £200:
  • Sound quality does not need to be the best
  • Stereo is enough for us
  • Decent power output
  • Remote control volume
  • Digital volume display (as I may have to slowly adjust it during the show). When you screen 5.1 movies in stereo the dialogue v background effects balance can be all wrong and all over the place
  • Dead simple to set up - so others can easily attend to it should I not be around
Thank you

I would have said most AV amps made in the last 7 years should be more than suitable... Facebook job... £30...

Back
Top Bottom