What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Found it! Any 80’s/90’s machines for 1k?

Jetsetron

Registered
Evening,

Trying my luck, any late 80’s/90’s machines for £1k?

I just finished a virtual pin and it didn’t scratch the itch, this is all the wife will let me spend!

Main thing is a good cabinet (I hate woodwork). Needs to work. Don’t mind minor jobs required.

I’m in Lincolnshire.

I think if you are wanting a late 80s/90s game for a grand you’ll be wanting to get stuck into cab woodwork, playfield repair and electronics. See the shadow listed by Chris earlier today. Mold and damp storage non booter

If you want something working with no cabinet work that works with no electronic faults you need to look early 80s as shown above

I know it’s a bit of a tall order. I’ve seen a few very presentable (eg Jack Bot) at £1500.

Just hoping someone with one of these is after a quick sale!

TBF I could up the budget slightly as long as the wife doesn’t find out.

I know it’s a bit of a tall order. I’ve seen a few very presentable (eg Jack Bot) at £1500.

Just hoping someone with one of these is after a quick sale!

TBF I could up the budget slightly as long as the wife doesn’t find out.

If you up to £1500 then you should be able to find a less popular mid 90s title like jackbot, No Fear etc

Some system 11 games would fit the late 80s / under a grand criteria surely....something like Rollergames, Jokerz or Pool Sharks?

Though the EBD for £700 on here is a classic game at a good price!

Some system 11 games would fit the late 80s / under a grand criteria surely....something like Rollergames, Jokerz or Pool Sharks?

Though the EBD for £700 on here is a classic game at a good price!

Yep true Andy. Bugs bunny, fire, police force maybe to

Hi @Jetsetron

Look at the midlands pinball league, there are 6 events a year. Very friendly. All levels. Not too competitive.

Trying to buy a decent condition, working late 80s or early 90s game for a grand is a tall order these days. 1,500 is more realistic, especially for a dmd game.

Cheap (underpriced) games usually sell in minutes. so you need to be very quick to get one.

I’ve got a Sonic Star Wars for £800, needs some work on the flippers but I cosmetically restored it. Insanely rare (probably the only one in the UK) but also extremely unusual. PM me if of interest [emoji1303]

Reactions: DRD
£750? On the bay?
s-l200.jpg

Look at this on eBay
Time machine pinball by Data East 1988

I’ve seen these 3. Rollergames I’m watching with great interest.

The Time Machine has quite a few broken plastics (ramps) which I’ve looked online and not been able to find replacements. I’ve been in touch with the owner and had some extra pics etc. A real shame as it looks a fun machine.

The Maverick I’ve not read a lot about, what’s your opinion on it?

The Maverick I’ve not read a lot about, what’s your opinion on it?

Maverick is actually a pretty decent game. If you can handle the crappy film theme.

It does utilise the large DMD - so make sure that is working 100%, originals hard to find/ expensive to replace. Large ColorDMD available now but not cheap either.

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

That rollergames looks an absolute beauty. A guilty/ dirty pleasure

Interesting to see what that Rollergames does go for. It's a 1k game but with the other one up for 2.2k then people might get carried away that don't know better.
It is a fun game and doesn't get the love it deserves.

For 1k mate, you will probably just have to lump a few broken plastics and that. If it plays then great, you can always tart it up if you decide to keep.

Interesting to see what that Rollergames does go for. It's a 1k game but with the other one up for 2.2k then people might get carried away that don't know better.
It is a fun game and doesn't get the love it deserves.

For 1k mate, you will probably just have to lump a few broken plastics and that. If it plays then great, you can always tart it up if you decide to keep.

Yep - I bought a diamond plate RG for 1K not that long ago. Sold it for the same swiftly afterwards ...its fun enough, great sounds and lights but I tired super quick of it - and I'm a big fan of Sys 11 games in general.

898C0904-C5C2-4F7C-8892-C74989DFD2DF.png
This is the Maverick machine, is this repairable and is it typical of this value machine?

Attachments

• DF0DD5B6-9503-45C9-8F8E-9B6BCF346DBC.png
    DF0DD5B6-9503-45C9-8F8E-9B6BCF346DBC.png
    124 KB · Views: 38
View attachment 66786This is the Maverick machine, is this repairable and is it typical of this value machine?

Yes and yes.

Do you *NEED* to repair it ?? After all you play the game not the cabinet. I have had loads of games with ding donged backboxes ...... comes with the territory.

Unfortunately if you are looking for undamaged cabs - you will have a long wait, or pay a premium.

I am listening and I think you guys are putting my expectations where they should be.

Unfortunately I have terrible OCD ?. If this was to be repaired would it just be fill, paint, decals? I’ve found decals for it, just wondered how hard it was to match the paint.

Trying to weigh up costs of this vs other machines I’m looking at.

Thanks for the inputs!

I would say @Jetsetron if you have OCD in pinball, be prepared to have deep deep pockets. You won't paint it, you will need to redecal, that looks fill-able, but what about the rest of it? New made cabinet is £500+, then decals and time, you could be in for it for £1k plus which is what you would pay on the game, don't buy C list game and then pay a premium on top of it you will never recover, unless it is YOUR A+ game.

If you have that sort of money in your budget, up it to £2.5 - £3k and buy a super nice WPC-95 era game, and get something that is gorgeous and has been done, like a super nice FT, or like @RudeDogg1 had up with his BSD.

It’s great advice. What I’m up against is my wife. I’m married 2 months and I’m finding out what it’s all about! It took a week to persuade her on a £1k (ish) spend. However she won’t trace what I spend after (and I love project work tho not keen on woodwork).

The rest of the cabinet is good. I was hoping (if this machine is for me) to restore just the back board. Decals are £169 (for whole cabinet).

I know it’s a bit illogical.

Pinball is illogical, you will learn that..

I went in cheaper with my first cabinet (a NF) and I have poured money into it (a couple of £X00) - will I get that back, probably not, but it's 15% of the cabinet, and I know whoever gets it next will benefit and I feel better about how it PLAYS. i could spend another £200 on decals (another >15%) of the total pin value, but it won't affect the game play, so I probably won't.

Have you "played" the game on a PC or PS4 etc first? Don't be caught out that way, if you can afford a C grade, make sure it is a game you will play, as on pinball arcade that will cost £3.

Ok saga over. I won the Rollergames on eBay. But more then I wanted to pay, but the whole machine looks in great condition. Also loved all the 80’s references.

Thanks for everyone’s input ?
Haha, now we know why it went for that price.
Hope your happy with it mate. Its a fun game.

Back
Top Bottom