What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Announcement - Stepping down from running UK League, UKCS and South West Region

robotgreg

Site Supporter
Alias
Greg
Hi

Having been heavily involved in running the UK Pinball League, UKCS, South West league and various one-off tournaments over the last 10 years or so, I've decided it's time to take a step back from some of my involvement in the organising side and therefore announcing that I will be stepping down from my role of running the UK league overall, South West League and involvement in running UKCS to allow someone else the opportunity to run these.

Therefore, please let me know if you're interested in any of the 3 roles and I can go through in more detail what's involved:

UK League
South West Region.
UKCS (working with Craig

In the meantime, I'd like to take the opportunity to thank everyone involved in the league and UKCS over the years be it as host of league meets or annual competitions, machine loaners and helpers and all the players.

I've had a fun time being so involved in the league and UKCS over the years but think time has come to let someone else have the opportunity. I still intend to attend a number of events and not disappear from the scene altogether!

Cheers
Greg

Wow Greg! That is going to leave a massive hole!

Completely respect your decision, and would like to say a Big personal "thank you" for all your hard work and dedication put in to make pinball great again!

Cheers
Paul

Sorry to see you are stepping down Greg.. You contribution to UK pinball will be hard to top.
Thanks for all your help getting the Irish league off the ground also.

Just wish to add my thanks for your hard work too Greg - it's all been run so seamlessly it's easy to forget that someone is behind the scenes coordinating it all. Cheers!

Hi

Having been heavily involved in running the UK Pinball League, UKCS, South West league and various one-off tournaments over the last 10 years or so, I've decided it's time to take a step back from some of my involvement in the organising side and therefore announcing that I will be stepping down from my role of running the UK league overall, South West League and involvement in running UKCS to allow someone else the opportunity to run these.

Therefore, please let me know if you're interested in any of the 3 roles and I can go through in more detail what's involved:

UK League
South West Region.
UKCS (working with Craig

In the meantime, I'd like to take the opportunity to thank everyone involved in the league and UKCS over the years be it as host of league meets or annual competitions, machine loaners and helpers and all the players.

I've had a fun time being so involved in the league and UKCS over the years but think time has come to let someone else have the opportunity. I still intend to attend a number of events and not disappear from the scene altogether!

Cheers
Greg

As any pinhead who knows me will atest - I am personally not remotely interested in competitive pinball.But,I fully get how many are into it(hence the comps at 8bit),and I have not allways agreed on Gregs direction in things.

But, For ANY pinhead to have done what he has done for all these years,is commendable.
people do not know what "burn out" is,until they have done something for many years as Greg has.It's tough.Not saying Greg has burn out,just relating how tough it is doing summat for many years,when others don't allways agree

Welll done Greg best of luck going forward

poi

As someone whom has done a fair amount of organising myself, i know just how much Greg will have done over the years for our hobby. The UK league is where i first found the pinball community and I'm very grateful to Greg for creating it and many other fun events.

If you are interested in getting involved, i and many others are able to provide help and support if needed.

Matt

Back
Top Bottom