What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Complete Andy's Pin Garage

Andypc

Site Supporter
After finally realising I wasn't going to fit a pinball machine into my arcade garage without losing a few of my precious arcade machines. I decided on the only sensible option available. I needed a separate pinball Garage :) Fortunately there was a garage for sale about 100m from my house. Unfortunately issues with the lease, granting me permission to install a security gate held up the sale for four months! I finally completed in April and now have some progress at last.

After clearing all the rubbish out:-
Pic (1).jpg
Structural problems to fix:- :-(
Pic (2).jpgPic (3).jpg
Walls Fixed and painting in progress (With a little helper):-
Pic (4).jpg
Any idea what is wrapped up?
Pic (5).jpg
Progress with insulation and wiring:-
Pic (6).jpg
Nearly ready for plastering:-
Pic (7).jpgPic (8).jpg

Last edited:
Nice work Andy! how did you fix those structural problems? I'm sure it took more than a little pollyfilla :D

Time for a pinshed subforum I think :p

Progress Update :)

Ready for getting plastered:-
Pic (1).jpg
Totally Plastered:-
Pic (2).jpg
Been busy painting:-
Pic (3).jpg
Finally the flooring is ready to go in:-
Pic (4).jpg
Almost ready for Pins :)
Pic (5).jpg
Pic (6).jpg
Still need to sort out lights and the skirting boards, but almost there.

Alright mate.
Just a quick question about the insulation you used here.
Is it insulated plasterboard? Did you screw it to the bats so to leave a 25mm gap to the wall? Also was the paint anything special on the wall before insulation?

Hoping to convert my garage soon. I'm happy with Celotex on roof but didn't want to cut into too much floor space on walls.
Thought just Glasswool slabs with strapping would do but from what I read, I will need an air gap
Cheers
Mark

Yes important to have an air gap for the insulation to work well. Insulated plasterer was screwed to the bats to leave a gap. I Just used masonry paint on the wall before hand to seal the wall.

Thought I would update this thread to help anyone looking for new garage doors. I finally got round to replacing my old garage doors last year with fully insulated security doors from Teckentrup. I went for the Teckentrup Swing 62 Secure Garage Doors and paid a substantial uplift to upgrade to SR2 specification with full multipoint locking. The doors themselves are really good quality, but Teckentrup UK initially messed up the order and installed SR1 rated doors which they then had to completely replace with the correct specification SR2 doors, which took them several months.
20220119_133649.jpg
This is the latest video's of my garages with the new doors:-

Last edited:
Andy what did you use on the floor?
The actual flooring is a 12mm thick laminate flooring from Wickes. I first sealed the concrete floor with a good quality floor paint. I then used a thick Damp Proof Membrane and a double layer of the foam insulation tiles. The Wickes laminate flooring is actually really good quality and goes together really well. In the second garage I then installed proper skirting boards rather than just the flooring trim I had used in the first garage. A lot of laminate flooring is only 6mm or 8mm thick and not really suitable for heavy items ,so I would only recommend the 12mm thick laminate flooring.
Pic (4).jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom