In Progress Andy's Pin Garage

Andypc

Site Supporter
Oct 24, 2015
London, UK
After finally realising I wasn't going to fit a pinball machine into my arcade garage without losing a few of my precious arcade machines. I decided on the only sensible option available. I needed a separate pinball Garage :) Fortunately there was a garage for sale about 100m from my house. Unfortunately issues with the lease, granting me permission to install a security gate held up the sale for four months! I finally completed in April and now have some progress at last.

After clearing all the rubbish out:-
Pic (1).jpg
Structural problems to fix:- :-(
Pic (2).jpg Pic (3).jpg
Walls Fixed and painting in progress (With a little helper):-
Pic (4).jpg
Any idea what is wrapped up?
Pic (5).jpg
Progress with insulation and wiring:-
Pic (6).jpg
Nearly ready for plastering:-
Pic (7).jpg Pic (8).jpg

Horsey

Apr 26, 2018
Kirkcaldy
Alright mate.
Just a quick question about the insulation you used here.
Is it insulated plasterboard? Did you screw it to the bats so to leave a 25mm gap to the wall? Also was the paint anything special on the wall before insulation?

Hoping to convert my garage soon. I'm happy with Celotex on roof but didn't want to cut into too much floor space on walls.
Thought just Glasswool slabs with strapping would do but from what I read, I will need an air gap
Cheers
Mark

OP
OP
Andypc

Andypc

Site Supporter
Oct 24, 2015
London, UK
Yes important to have an air gap for the insulation to work well. Insulated plasterer was screwed to the bats to leave a gap. I Just used masonry paint on the wall before hand to seal the wall.