What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Amazon - watch out!

Sako-TRG

Site Supporter
Hey Guys,
Thought I’d mention recent experience.
Purchased what was sold as a brand new Surface Pro Microsoft cover - keyboard.
Arrived, didn’t work.
Spent 6 hours trying to get it to work reinstalling drivers, windows updates, reinstalled windows 10, checking Bios etc..... called no joy.
Upon further inspection I noticed it looked a little worn around the connector.
When it arrived within Amazon thin box it was just placed in a melted together bag with a barcode.
Anyway, I did the usual Amazon Prime exchange thinking it must be faulty and got a replacement today.
The replacement turned up in a proper Microsoft box - brand new item- worked immediately.
So, looks like Amazon are sending out returned seconds to folks under the guise as being new.
Very naughty!!
See attached.
First two pics are the faulty / used one which I sent back.
Second two pics are the replacement.
08C04E47-FD44-4476-8B3C-F40B9C0850C4.jpeg591D8D18-5B0A-458F-9FA3-12A770429259.jpeg95A42BC5-F8E9-4A1C-AA96-797DC22C3383.jpegBE7DAF32-7D4F-4C51-8A1A-82C9AB096910.jpeg

Sold by amazon direct or third party with Amazon forfilment?
That first one is clearly used, and likely the thin connector is broken internally - I had a similar issue with the type cover for my SurfaceGo.

I tend to steer clear of Amazon for tech stuff, you have to be so careful who's actually suppling it
Scan are the people I tend to use for components.

Bought a PC case for my daughter via Amazon. They randomly delivered it to an address in Germany. Couldn’t get any response from the seller. Tried to leave a bad review and was told that the seller not delivering / responding was an invalid reason to leave a poor review.

I only buy direct from Amazon Prime, not third party or third party supplied by Amazon. Otherwise you're just left at the mercy of the seller....in which case you're far better off buying on eBay. I bought a SMEG coffee machine last year on Amazon expecting to be able to return it if it was rubbish. Didn't notice it was supplied by Amazon for a 3rd party. Nightmare to return it and get any communication from the seller and a refund.

I only buy direct from Amazon Prime, not third party or third party supplied by Amazon. Otherwise you're just left at the mercy of the seller....in which case you're far better off buying on eBay. I bought a SMEG coffee machine last year on Amazon expecting to be able to return it if it was rubbish. Didn't notice it was supplied by Amazon for a 3rd party. Nightmare to return it and get any communication from the seller and a refund.
Yeah mate, that’s what I found strange.
It was Amazon Prime direct. There was no issues with the return, came next day or so.
I think this was maybe used for a while then returned by owner and put back into circulation. Re-sealed in a polly bag and sent to me ..... lol.

Hit and miss with Amazon and I do try to look out who is selling their items.
I bought a NAS in June through Prime that was next day delivery. Or would have been if they then didn’t chose to send it via Royal Mail rather than their own driver network. They did give me a token voucher for that.

If the item was cheap, they use to let you keep the dodgy one and send another but that seems rare these days. And the return network is Hermes who I have massive issues with.

Amazon prime all the way.
if you dont like anything. Return it for free. I get a refund as soon as parcel is dropped off at the courier collection point. Zero hassle.
One of the few positives for living in Brum is same day deliveries.

Amazon prime all the way.
if you dont like anything. Return it for free. I get a refund as soon as parcel is dropped off at the courier collection point. Zero hassle.
One of the few positives for living in Brum is same day deliveries.
Amazon prime isalways a magic bullet though. Increasingly we are getting less next day deliveries 🤬. Annoyingly even when it’s advertised as same day/next day this often changes after the order is placed.

also they are crap if the item fails to get delivered. You just get stuck in a loop of them asking you to return the item.

mind you I’m focusing way too much on when things go wrong. We probably have 99% of deliveries that go through smooothly.

I’ve only used their grocery service once but that went smoothly

Hit and miss with Amazon and I do try to look out who is selling their items.
I bought a NAS in June through Prime that was next day delivery. Or would have been if they then didn’t chose to send it via Royal Mail rather than their own driver network. They did give me a token voucher for that.

If the item was cheap, they use to let you keep the dodgy one and send another but that seems rare these days. And the return network is Hermes who I have massive issues with.
Yeah, I had to return my faulty one via Hermes.
They had in the terms if they didn’t receive it within 30 days I would be charged full whack for the replacement- which is why I got a receipt from the Hermes shop 👍3249B534-1BDF-4B26-8EA3-C49B330F028D.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom