What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

All Things Virtual Reality

Good winter sale for Oculus Gear VR running at the mo, daily deals at 79p and big discounts off a good selection of other titles

Todays Occulus Gear VR deal is "Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes" @ 79p. Despite the name it's actually a multiplayer party game - the player with the VR headset describes the bomb, the rest of the party uses a defusal manual to instruct how to defuse it (or not). It gets good reviews, could be fun around the festive table:thumbs:

upload_2017-12-23_12-11-51.png

Todays Occulus Gear VR deal is "Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes" @ 79p. Despite the name it's actually a multiplayer party game - the player with the VR headset describes the bomb, the rest of the party uses a defusal manual to instruct how to defuse it (or not). It gets good reviews, could be fun around the festive table:thumbs:

View attachment 56392
If you've never played this, its incredible. Get it.

If you've ever been around some of my previous festive tables... this would be feck all compared to their explosions... and I'm talking full on chairs and utensils as weapon jobs.... bloody hell, I miss children's services so much :cool:

After reading this thread and Ready Player One, I'm very tempted to spend some my bitcoin profits. What's the best route, PlayStation or PC, don't fancy using my phone, does the xbox one do it?

After reading this thread and Ready Player One, I'm very tempted to spend some my bitcoin profits. What's the best route, PlayStation or PC, don't fancy using my phone, does the xbox one do it?

If your PC is up to the job, or your profits can strecth to a new PC/upgrade then I would reccomend you go down that route. Either the Oculus or the HTC Vive blows PSVR out the water, more choice and chepaer games. Don't get me wrong PSVR rocks but if you have the money go PC ;)

Setup my PSVR yesterday, very impressed with it and found myself constantly laughing/smiling in amazement. The screen resolution isn't as high as you are used to but once you get imersed in the experience it becomes irrelevant.

Had to take a break after an hour as I got a bit of motion sickness, especially after the rollercoaster ride on Until Dawn: Rush of blood.

PSVR is the cheaper option. You will need a pretty powerful PC for an Oculus Rift/HTC Vive setup.

Nice little article here about them - http://uk.pcmag.com/consumer-electr.../the-best-vr-virtual-reality-headsets-of-2018

Last edited:
The Gear VR is a low level toy but a great crack and VR intro if you have the phone already. I'm currently embroiled in a raucous snowball fight with the neighbourhood brats:rolleyes:

se.hatrabbit.gvr.snow-20171224-105848.jpg

I’ve parked up the PSVR and moved to a PC and Oculus Rift. Driving games with a wheel and VR are mind blowing.

It tempts me too which is why i try to avoid it, i love the PSVR, i have loads titles and a G29 wheel, pedals and shifter for racing games. It is a great experience with Farpoint and Res Evil standing out as the best titles but lots more good stuff is coming out and i can't wait to see where they take it, new titles seem to push the boundaries of the some what limited capabilities of the PSVR and i never find myself wishing i was on the other side of the fence.

I love the PSVR too. Which is just as well as I spend most of the day with one strapped to my head at work :)

Must also give a mention for the gear VR, some really good stuff on that, Rilix coaster is fantastic and affected the manor just frightens the life out of you, great way to introduce people to vr.

Haven't heard of the Affected must try it out.

I enjoyed Coaster Combat too, shooting things as you ride down the coaster is even better still.

Gear VR for me is no brainer if you have the compatible phone already :thumbs:

Finally picked up a PSVR with camera, move controllers and 7 games including Skyrim and Resi Evil. Got it setup this evening and went with Ocean Descent Shark Attack for my first ever go. F*cking hell it's cool :D Can't wait to play the proper games now :thumbs:

I felt quite sick playing Resident Evil, not because of the gore, just the motion sickness. I'm ok with the other games as long as I don't play them for long periods.

VR is amazing.

Finally picked up a PSVR with camera, move controllers and 7 games including Skyrim and Resi Evil. Got it setup this evening and went with Ocean Descent Shark Attack for my first ever go. F*cking hell it's cool :D Can't wait to play the proper games now :thumbs:

I had a go on that shark dive one. Incredible. Made me want to buy the whole setup. Maybe in the summer

Nice one,got mine in December.LMK what ya think re skyrim as my lad was talking about it.
Yeah the shark dive was cool,tho ya don't really do much.London Heist is a blast,and as it's free the cod space shooting thing is allright.Recently got bravo team,mainly cos it had the aim controller bundle with it,so I can finally play farpoint which has been here since Christmas day

amd to those that has ps4 vr and don't know pinball fx 2 has a vr version, not bad for the price

Got a htc vive in the office at work, when it’s a stressful (or boring) day pop it on lean back and sit on the beach for a while,

Back
Top Bottom