What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

All Things Virtual Reality

I guess it would be better with the moves but I played it with the standard ps4 controller with the clip on jobbie.

Also tell Amazon, they will refund the difference assuming it was them you paid the £350 to
Will do. :thumbs:

You sir need a Rift, Project Cars 2 and a force feedback wheel.

Silverstone, F3 cars, 24 on the grid in a biblical thunderstorm. That there is the most immersive experience I've ever had.

Google Earth is pretty stunning.

The Touch controllers make a huge difference. Seeing you hands in 1-1 with your fingers acting as you'd expect is incredible.

Currently playing Resident Evil 7 on my PS4 pro and it's sh*t scary enough. A friend has played the VR version but had to take it off as she nearly cra*pped herself. Still debating whether to get one or wait for version 2 with no wires.

You sir need a Rift, Project Cars 2 and a force feedback wheel.

Silverstone, F3 cars, 24 on the grid in a biblical thunderstorm. That there is the most immersive experience I've ever had.

Google Earth is pretty stunning.

The Touch controllers make a huge difference. Seeing you hands in 1-1 with your fingers acting as you'd expect is incredible.
It's too much expense to set up a system from scratch mate. I do love Project Cars though and would take on anybody in a Lotus 49. Couldn't drive it at first but I was determined to stick with it and now it is practically the only car I drive in the game.

What's in the pipeline ?
A racing game with Vintage F1 would be gaming nirvana to me.

It's also crying out for a golf game.

Couldn't tell you whats in the pipeline even if I knew! :) You should definitely check out Rush of Blood and Resident Evil 7. VR is an ideal platform for horror.

Rush of Blood, i think that's the one on the demo disc (demo not full game) seemed very good.

Big res evil fan but don't think i could justify the expense for one game, even more for me as i dont have a ps4 (have an xbox one though)

Couldn't tell you whats in the pipeline even if I knew! :) You should definitely check out Rush of Blood and Resident Evil 7. VR is an ideal platform for horror.
Not particularly fond of horror games but I will give them a try.
I thought some of the stuff on the free Playroom VR game was superb. There is certainly scope for a VR platform game.

It's too much expense to set up a system from scratch mate. I do love Project Cars though and would take on anybody in a Lotus 49. Couldn't drive it at first but I was determined to stick with it and now it is practically the only car I drive in the game.

Yeah, I had to sell a pin to get the setup for it, but am still pleased with it some 11 months on.

My kids walk around in it like it is totally normal, whilst I still get blown away each time.

Frame rate is king in VR, you need a steady genuine 90 fps to avoid it being headache inducing, but with a bit of work games become real in a way you just can't experience with any other medium.

The Climb and Onward are the two standout titles for me so far.

Onward is frightening not for any jump scares but because you are there in a real theatre of combat. You can communicate silently by pointing, moving and with hand signals, you can high five buddys. You reload by actually unclipping the magazine and replacing it with another before cocking and firing. There are no buttons save fire and run, everything else is about your person for you to see and grab.

The future is here gentlemen.

Not particularly fond of horror games but I will give them a try.
I thought some of the stuff on the free Playroom VR game was superb. There is certainly scope for a VR platform game.

You can (or at least used to be able to ) get a demo of Resident Evil 7 if you search for 'Kitchen Demo'. Probably my most memorable VR experience so far has been The Affected back on the Occulus DK2 dev kit....heart attack inducing!

There is a pinball fx game for the Ps vr and I hope to bring it to the 8 bit flip with hopefully a pinball like controller (if we build it in time), it is not perfect but for those that have not experienced VR will be blown away!
I think the PSVR is fantastic and getting better as the months go by.
Rush of blood and BrookHeaven experiment are the best £15 you will ever spend, Res evil is pant soiling good, Battle zone is great as is job simulator.
I enjoyed Robinson the journey even though it does make you motion sick, Drive club VR with the steering wheel makes your head spin but all great fun.
Love mine to bits and would highly recommend one to anyone. I bought most titles available and have just pre-ordered Far point with the gun controller, its as near to starship troopers as you will get, what's not to like.

I bought Pinball FX VR last night and it is really, really good. It is that realistic I found myself sitting with my legs apart because that is where the game should have been.
There is a GREAT opportunity for Stern to make a VR version of their games.

I'm gonna get me some of this Gear VR for my Galaxy phone. What phones/games are you using @kevlar & @J.C.Rox ?

I know its entry level but it looks better than a Google cardboard box resting on your fizzog
encrypted_tbn3_gstatic_com_images_7e9b36eeaf42372ed44594fd17c00c2e._.jpg

I have a 7 edge and a gear VR but rarely use it to be honest.
As above. Just started don't do the mansion horror with edge 7 has sound issues but playing End Space with a Moga controller (£20) and I looked such a twat playing it my missus sent videos to her mates. Full 360 space battles it's proper nuts!

As above. Just started don't do the mansion horror with edge 7 has sound issues but playing End Space with a Moga controller (£20) and I looked such a twat playing it my missus sent videos to her mates. Full 360 space battles it's proper nuts!
Enjoyed End space, Anshar Wars is pretty good too. I've been leaving it alone for months then going back to see whats new, usually sod all worth playing. I expected more good games to be out for it by now. Doesn't help that I had a go on a friends HTC Vive the other day and was blown away.

Got my Gear VR now and impressed. It seems like a no-brainer toy if you already have a compatible Samsung phone. There are bargains to be had on the bay but note there is a recent improved R323 model.

Got my Gear VR now and impressed. It seems like a no-brainer toy if you already have a compatible Samsung phone. There are bargains to be had on the bay but note there is a recent improved R323 model.
Got my gear vr2 for about 50 on the bay, played Smash Hit last night was bloody good fun for a game where you just throw marbles at glass as you travel through a tron like environment highly recommend along with a Moga Hero controller for 20 quid off the bay so you don't have to keep hand up tapping side of head to fire!

Nice one, got that on order from Amazon, also new S7 Edge arriving today:thumbs:

Have you tried "Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes"?
You're in for heaps of fun, I showed it to my mate who then went and bought the equivalent for his iphone and he was so disappointed he's changing phones!

Haven't played that yet I fear it would end in a fall out with the missus!

@J.C.Rox A daft question, but I assume you don't fit the front cover thingy once the phone is inserted?

Also I read you can cast the VR to Chromecast which is interesting.

I hope we're not de-railing your thread @stoptap, I'm sure that Gear VR is just a stepping stone for those that don't realise they really need PS VR.

Back
Top Bottom