What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

All things Dialed in!

I understand from Nick Marshall that Cliffy does proper cliffy's for the 2 holes, so I have ordered 20 sets and will provide free to all owners....

The JJP ones seem to be too thick.

Phil
Hi Phil,

With my replacement DI imminent I wondered if there was any news on the replacement cliffys as I not heard anything since this post ?

Cheers

kev

No, never heard from Cliffy. Its only been 4 months. I am not stocking Cliffy stuff anymore, its too painful.

The problem was the balls anyway, not the protectors.

Container here tomorrow.

Cliffy's are second to none in quality but he has too much work as of now.

He hand sands everything!

I bought some from Germany and they were poor in comparison - sent them back.

No, never heard from Cliffy. Its only been 4 months. I am not stocking Cliffy stuff anymore, its too painful.

Container here tomorrow.
Ah ok Phil cheers for that - So it wasn't the protectors being too thick chipping the balls - was it the balls were inferior quality ? If so will the new machine I get have the correct balls ?

I have martin picking a machine up on thursday coming to me (eventually) were you planning on getting him to drop my new DI and uplift the original? If so might be able to kill two birds with one stone ?

Cheers

Kev

Yes it was a faulty batch of balls.

Yes Martin will deliver and collect possibly next week.

Phil

Container here tomorrow.
Would say my factory installed cliffys are looking rough though, they have been bent out of shape by the ball and look like they are lifting, meaning they reject more balls than they used to, both at the phone hole and the sim card. Think they were too thick and badly designed. I ready on pinside that jjp are now fitting thinner official cliffy's from the factory on all new dialed In's produced after January. Can we ask jjp for some of those?

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Yes it was a faulty batch of balls.

Yes Martin will deliver and collect possibly next week.

Phil
Hi Phil,

I assume martin will contact me when he has it on board? if it is next week I can only do friday PM as a heads up(usually suits Martin as he's not too far from home after me)

Cheers

kev

Kev, you need to arrange this with Martin, I cant book his days or offer any planning for him....

This is what happens.

Container lands.
Container unloaded at Hadfields
Martin calls at Hadfields to collect
Martin calls you to arrange
Martin delivers as arranged.

What what point do you want who to call you? I can arrange a call each step if you like?

Phil

This is what happens.

Container lands.
Container unloaded at Hadfields
Martin calls at Hadfields to collect
Martin calls you to arrange
Martin delivers as arranged.

What what point do you want who to call you? I can arrange a call each step if you like?

Phil
Just a call from martin Phil once he has machine on board so we can arrange a mutually convenient time for both of us.

So now you guy's have had your DI for a few months now and most issues have been ironed out. What are your thoughts on theme, design and does it have that just one more game!

3 1/2 months later I still love mine. It's only had a break from play this last week or so because I got something new ( this happens with every new machine ). Theme is actually very good despite everyone thinking it sounded lame. Design is mainly very good, shots aren't too hard or narrow apart from the extremely hard to hit sim hole shot. It does have one or 2 design faults that shouldn't have made it to production, my main beef is the way the left orbit feeds into the right loop/ramp is problematic, right ramp shots can catch the crossover point and rattle failing to make the shot and very occasionally a perfect right ramp shot can magically appear in the left orbit, it's a bad design, plain and simple ( I don't care who designed it! ).

Lawlors best game no doubt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

3 1/2 months later I still love mine. It's only had a break from play this last week or so because I got something new ( this happens with every new machine ). Theme is actually very good despite everyone thinking it sounded lame. Design is mainly very good, shots aren't too hard or narrow apart from the extremely hard to hit sim hole shot. It does have one or 2 design faults that shouldn't have made it to production, my main beef is the way the left orbit feeds into the right loop/ramp is problematic, right ramp shots can catch the crossover point and rattle failing to make the shot and very occasionally a perfect right ramp shot can magically appear in the left orbit, it's a bad design, plain and simple ( I don't care who designed it! ).
I have the sane issue with the right ramp shot, and think someone should have anticipated that. I also have insipid kick outs from the phone scoop which have progressively become more weak and trickle out in odd directions. I believe this is due to the cliffy added by jjp originally that is bending inside the scoop. Never have been able to hit the sim card shot directly and now believe it is all about angling it on off the drive or Big bang. Changing the setting of rolling over sim cards is essential day 1 as a result of this and does not markedly make the game easier but sure makes it less frustrating. My phone has been knackered straight out of the gate and has finally given up the ghost after losing colour, blinking on and off and dying intermittently. I believe this is something jjp know is a problem. Like many, the open on the theatre fell off and I had to reglue it. Also my Bob target lights were wired incorrectly out of the factory. Know why this game is called dialed in now, but having said all that, the kids love it and everyone gravitates to it. It's never leaving

I have the sane issue with the right ramp shot, and think someone should have anticipated that. I also have insipid kick outs from the phone scoop which have progressively become more weak and trickle out in odd directions. I believe this is due to the cliffy added by jjp originally that is bending inside the scoop. Never have been able to hit the sim card shot directly and now believe it is all about angling it on off the drive or Big bang. Changing the setting of rolling over sim cards is essential day 1 as a result of this and does not markedly make the game easier but sure makes it less frustrating. My phone has been knackered straight out of the gate and has finally given up the ghost after losing colour, blinking on and off and dying intermittently. I believe this is something jjp know is a problem. Like many, the open on the theatre fell off and I had to reglue it. Also my Bob target lights were wired incorrectly out of the factory. Know why this game is called dialed in now, but having said all that, the kids love it and everyone gravitates to it. It's never leaving

My scoop kickout started getting erratic, after playing with the coil settings and not getting anywhere I worked out that the top of the scoop was bending upwards over time, the ball then catching the overhead wireform. Try bending yours down slightly, you may have the same problem.

Agree with everything said - and I had the smashed one!!!!, but weirdly the right ramp shot never fails o this machine, You just need to drop them on their **** and the job will be a good un lol !!!

FAB game

Cheers

kev

Did anyone get a Standard version (as opposed to Collectors/LE)? Noticed the spec's on JJP's website that the Collectors/LE have 'Premium clear coated playfield' and the Standard doesn't mention it. Is there really a difference between the playfields? Probably not something you could tell just by looking at it.

I would say ...
  • Great game
  • Great design
  • Great modes
  • Wonderful shots and combos
  • Some genius design features
  • I love the big bang shot which you can use to complete a mode
  • My phone works fine, but I did not update the software
But, it is all about expectations. My expectations were wrong. I expected to unbox it and have a game that played beautifully. I have spoken to several owners, we have all had very similar experiences with niggles ..
  • Quality control in the factory is simply not what it should be
  • The games need tuning to work properly, hours of it. Adjusting flippers, changing target foam, changing rubbers (standard rubbers give less air balls than so called premium rubbers used in my game), levelling magnet cores, adjusting rollover switches, adjusting the Bob's mechanism, some bulbs hard the wrong wires on, broken Mick on stick yellow plastic, adjusting stand-up targets ...
  • Some stupid decisions were made in production - cheap balls, cheap foam was used for the beer strip and in the poor stand-up targets
  • Air balls everywhere, which drove me mad. Which I have now sorted
  • Clearcoat not dry
Now it is fixed, I love playing it. But the reality seems to be that modern pinball machines are shipped with poor build issues. So if you want a new game, you know what you are getting into

my dialed in LE will be for sale soon.
looking at moving house so I need some deposit money.
I think it has less than 150 games on it.
gonna be 8k.

Back
Top Bottom