Comes with a comprehensive spares package.
When this machine was released it was plagued with problems which have been fully documented, it is however a pity that these issues had been resolved shortly before the company went under.
The majority of issues were related to using the same power supply as in full throttle which had nowhere near the same power requirements as Alien, hence the latest Alien’s were fitted with a far superior switching power supply and relay which this machine has along with power board.
It it easily recognisable as being oblong as opposed to round.
Other issues were with the Alien head as early versions had unreliable switches and a single control for the driver board.
This Alien has the latest twin control and newer switches but has a plastic sprocket, but as I haven’t had any problems in over 100 games I haven’t changed it, 2 metal sprockets are supplied with the spares along with a new complete Latest type Alien Head with latest switches and metal sprocket already fitted.
The last problem it had was with flippers dying, this was mainly due to inferior usb cables used between the I/O boards and the pc , these have been changed to shielded usb cables.
The backbox has 2 dark areas around the speakers as the led strip was run around them and the speakers mounted in solid wood.
This machine has had JBL speakers fitted in clear acrylic mounts and the led strip now runs in a complete square around the backbox so no dark areas.
I was intending to fit green speaker grill cloth but people have said it looks great with the speakers showing so I have included the speaker cloth with the spares in case you want to fit it or refit the old speakers as they are also supplied still fitted in their mounts.
This machine has the cointaker shaker motor for this machine fitted along with rotating beacons.
This machine has the latest type I/O boards fitted.
The legs, leg bolts and feet have been powder coated black which in my opinion is far better than the LE green.
I have also fitted a small Alien topper which is fixed with Velcro and looks great when the beacons are rotating on certain modes.
Green led buttons have also been fitted.
This machine has the latest type pc and software installed and also has the illuminated side blades.
The spares included with the machine are all brand new with the exception of the old speakers and DC power supply and consist of
- New PC complete with Ram
- SDD drive with the game preinstalled
- 2 usb sticks with the game hard drive image and other files
- 2 playfield protectors, one with the magnet cutout and one without
- New monitor for backbox complete with driver board configured for this display
- New playfield monitor complete with driver board configured for this display
- complete left hand flipper assembly
- complete right hand flipper assembly
- complete pop bumper assembly
- complete 3 bank drop target assembly
- Complete Alien Head
- 2 new alien head sprockets
- Alien Head stepper Motor
- Alien Head Control board and chip
- 10 x Inductive rollover switches which just plug in and enough to do the entire machine and have some left over
- 14 x plug in leds
- 4 x switch targets
- 3 x pop bumper leds
- 2 sets of 4 upgraded sling leds
- 2 new sling facehuggers
- new power driver board
- Cliffy Protector, the one fitted is an inferior factory one and comes unstuck, I was intending to fit the proper Cliffy when I fitted the playfield Protector
- 6 x Low Carbon balls which reduce the balls becoming magnetised and causing trough ball count problems
- spare beacon
- new spare amp for the sound
- 3 x coils, the machine will accept Williams coils
- 2 x I/O boards latest type