What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Air Compressors.... Thoughts??

Paul

Staff member
Alias
Toibs
Hi all,

Happy sunday!!

Looking about at Air compressors at the moment to allow me to use a variety of tools, as well as giving me the ability to Sandblast.

Currently torn by either Clarke or Airmaster, both from Machine mart (They currently have Vat free on Clarke tools, 10% off Airmaster...)

https://www.machinemart.co.uk/p/clarke-raider-1510000-3hp-100-litre-air-compr/
https://www.machinemart.co.uk/p/clarke-tiger-161010-3hp-100-litre-air-compres/

Both look identical, next to no difference in the price (tenner or so). Both 3Hp motors, both 100L, 14CFM ish

Any suggestions/info appreciated... :)

Cheers!

I was going to say I bought exactly the same make from machine mart but it was half the price and size and was fine......but realised it struggles with my palm air sander as it needs so much constant air.if your sand blasting then I would get the best/biggest you can ,even then you will need to keep it running and they are noisy buggers !!!! Doesn't help with your choice ???

Any difference in warranty @Paul? That's something I like to check with tools, saying that the name "Clarke" has a ring of quality and reliability to it :cool:

Was looking at some of the reviews, and one was saying that "Very impressed, really powerful compressor it runs my 300 litre blasting cabinet faultlessly. " Thats on the clarke one...

And interestingly... on the two above, they both have the same manufacturer SKU - so i recon they are one and the same... with just the AirMaster one being more expensive... for some inexplicable reason!

Cant find any mention of warranty - will have to call and ask :)

on the two above, they both have the same manufacturer SKU
On machine mart they do look similar but actually different 2244025 vs 2242205. Either way, looks a great piece of kit:thumbs:

You can always get expansion tanks if you find you need more reserves. I believe the rotary sanding type attachments have the highest usage volume.

I know they like things big in the US but on the other side they talk about compressors to drive power tools in terms of 30/60/80/100 gallonso_O

It is mental.. Ideally would like 100L Vertical, and you can get them, however they only run around 10CFM... Which is around the same as a 50L tank... So pointless... 100L is as big asI can get in my workshop before i have to start shipping stuff out :D

It is mental.. Ideally would like 100L Vertical, and you can get them, however they only run around 10CFM... Which is around the same as a 50L tank... So pointless... 100L is as big asI can get in my workshop before i have to start shipping stuff out :D

My understanding is that once the reservoir is full and you are up to cut off pressure you can then run any tool indefinitely as long as the tool uses less air then the output of the pump.
If the tool uses more then the output of the pump the running time will be until the pressure in the reservoir drops below that required by the tool at which point it will need time to recharge.

So given that find the most intensive tool you will be using in this list, guestimate how long you are likely to use it for before a cup of tea is required and go from there to work out reservoir size.

https://www.engineeringtoolbox.com/air-consumption-tools-d_847.html

I personally got the biggest pump I could find on a 50l reservoir. Oh and ear plugs are essential as all the tools I have tried scream like a cat near death.

Yup...
Ordered this one : https://www.machinemart.co.uk/p/clarke-raider-1510000-3hp-100-litre-air-compr/

However it seems like machine mart are still in the dark ages when it comes to order processing.

Ordered Monday 13th... two options on shipping.. delivery for £16, next day for £20, or store delivery for free. Selected store as it was free - and in no hurry...

Site estimates delivery 16-20th Aug.

Order sent and automatically acknowledged.. delivery dates now changed - 20-21st estimated delivery.

Called them today to clarify things.. confirmed it’s sent when the stores get their weekly delivery’s (in this store that’s every tuesday and Thursday).... so I would have thought it will be here tomorrow... however it seems next Tuesday... so that’s several days in advance... plus it can be a few days before they call... so looking at around 2018...!!!

Least it gives me time to clear space I guess!!

Back
Top Bottom