What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Afterglow nano v1.3

Vimtoman

Site Supporter
I thought this may interest a few owners here. It's DIY option to the LEDOCD. Tests look good.
I've ordered 4 for myself. Thought I'd take the gamble on it.

Use translate on google.

Translation

Since I had already announced that I would make another bulk order in February, I want to do that.
The old collective order you can read here again.

What is afterglow nano anyway? In short, something similar to LEDOCD. The whole was developed by Christoph (SMYP), the board layout is by Marcus (marcus_m).
All this has been successfully tested on WPC and WPC95 as well as Data East. System 11 has not been tested yet but should work as well.
Further technical questions and information then please in the Tech thread Tech

First of all a few basic things in advance. I'm only doing a bulk order, purely private, without profit. That If you are looking for warranty, plug and play, etc. then you can continue here.

Okay, so if you're willing to sacrifice warranty, and sometimes take tools in hand, and who knows the term DIY, afterglow is perfect :)

Unfortunately it has to be different than the last time. I will not go this time for the complete order in advance. Anyone who subsequently signs up in the list and wants to have the boards must have paid by the deadline.
The price will be put together as follows, subject to small changes, as I do not get a fixed price without final quantity. According to the latest offer from November 2018, the boards cost $ 28.75 apiece with a purchase of 50 pieces. I assume that we will reach this number again, and the price remains similar. If it is significantly less, the price increases. If there is a lot more, the price will only fall insignificantly, as we have already reached the cost gap at 50.
$ 28.75 would be after today's exchange rate € 25.37, in addition 19% EUSt, would be then 30.19 € pure board costs. Inch we do not need to pay, I declare that as pinball parts. DHL Express takes 30 inches delivery fee, also about 50 cents per board.
In addition, there are 2 or 3 € per board donation for the forum, I have with Christoph (SMYP) so identified. Although I want to earn nothing in the action, but also have expenses for packaging material, trips to the post office, and my time is not insignificant. I have to run the address lists, fumble the Arduino, pack everything, etc. For this I suggest another € 2 on it. Then we would be at rounded 36 € per board.

However, this price only applies to those who have already taken a board at the first action. All others pay for the first board 43 €, from the second then 36 €. In the first action, I've put on it, that will compensate for then again. In addition, it would be unfair to those who already dare the first time.
Of course, the shipping to you will be added.

Last time, some have expressed the desire to get done with cable. I have to disappoint you (partly). The German cable manufacturer is too expensive, the Chinese there is nothing finished.
However, I have already ordered crimped cables as well as plug sets from China Mann. So far nothing has arrived yet.
Depending on what fits and what is good, there are either only plug sets with matching crimp contacts, or crimped individual wires (crimped on one or both sides) with matching plugs. That you have to lend a hand in any case. I've picked out the whole but only for WPC. I never had Data East, I'll never have, and I do not know what they have for plugs.
Whether I order it then, or here just the links post I do not know yet. Shipping is partly free of charge, actually makes no sense if I order.

As an end list I would like the 28.2. begin. From 1.3. to 5.3. You will then receive my bank details or PayPal address, on 6.3. I will order then. Who has not paid until then, then had bad luck.
The delivery time will be about 4 weeks. But I also want to point out that I am not amazon prime. By the time I've fused and flashed an estimated 50 Arduinos, packaged the whole thing, created the parcel labels, that may take a few more days.

If you have read and understood the above text completely, then you may enter your name in the list. Please copy the list and paste it into your post. But please sign in, I will not search the thread later if someone wrote "I'm with 2 pieces" without signing up.

1st Twister 4x

Greetings Sascha

Can I ask a daft question on TAF will this work? I’ve heard that you need to leave certain bulbs not LED’d for the showtime effect?
Any advice welcomed also what’s the going rate for a LEDOCD?

Showtime is mainly GI dimming, but i appreciate the inserts also go bonkers too. It's the combination of the 2 that really make it work though.

LED-OCD (and i think this device too) only do inserts, not GI. You can buy a GI OCD for games that have significant GI-dimming and you want to use LEDs. I use it in Congo and TZ. TAF would be a must too - for Seance and Showtime.

I bought my multiple LED OCDs for about £150 each, using various means & mules. Never buying via Europe at those silly prices. It's one of those devices that you don't miss until you 'see it', then you can't 'un-see-it'.

It'd be really awesome if someone could build an LED OCD and GI OCD for a more affordable price, because then they become more accessible to everyone as they're really an essential device for anyone using LEDs in games that weren't designed for them. Looking at that page, this doesn't quite seem to be on a par, but then again it's 6 times cheaper, so you pay your money you take your choice.

Last edited:
If someone is getting a bulk order from here I’m in for some,could I piggy back on your order Vimeo ?

LED and GI OCD are pretty expensive and only LED OCD is available at a reasonable price ($139 from Comet), GI OCD is only available from the European distributor which charges a stupid amount of money for it, the maker of it doesn't (or didn't) sell it outside of the States for some reason.

I was lucky to snag both when a friend was in the States on business, and when the exchange rate was much better than it is now.

This looks to be a fraction of the price so if they can get a plug and play system out for not much more (I very much value the fact that you get all of the cables you need with it, and the software is very customisable) then it's a win-win for everyone.

Last edited:
If someone is getting a bulk order from here I’m in for some,could I piggy back on your order Vimeo ?
Sasha is reliable.
I've bought a few bits from him.
If you want some just put your name down on the forum I linked to.

Getting up steam now... however seems like i broke the list for one person (Damn you Google Translate...!!). oops!

also interested (possibly more so!) in the GI Afterglow... @Vimtoman is there any link for the development of this one at all that you know of please?

EDIT : Found it : https://www.flippermarkt.de/community/forum/threads/afterglow-gi.203114/

English to German just does not convert well :)

I popped a question on the GI forum but no answer on how far they are off to finishing yet

I’m in, can’t go wrong at that price.
I have 2 led ocd’s in my machines already and yes it’s true once you’ve seen it you can’t unsee the difference.

Latest update is here (google Translated)....

Puhhhh, that so many come together, I would not have thought: eek: :)

I have already renegotiated with the Chinese this week. I could get some more out of it. We then come to 32 euros per board (from the second). It does not matter whether we order 180 or 250 pieces.
The first board remains at 43 euros. But since some are there for the first time, and pay 43 for the first board, the bottom line will get stuck a little more than planned.
I do not want to be enriched. When everything is done, the surplus is invested in the development and prototypes or components for new projects. The next project will logically be afterglow GI. I think everyone will have something of it later.

The list will remain until 28.2. still open, but i will start to share everyone's total amount.
For some, unfortunately, I can not do that yet, as there is no location in the profile.
You can then pay via PayPal friends or transfer. But please no "normal" Paypal, otherwise I would have to pay the Paypal fees with purely. Please tell me then your shipping address. There will be some PNs, please excuse me if I do not answer everyone the same. I give here occasionally an update on the status.
If I count it correctly now, we have 7 Swiss with a total of 24 boards, 2 Austrians with 5, and 8 (?) Englishmen with a total of 25 boards. Since 01/01/2019, DHL may send as a large letter nothing else like paper. The cheap shipping so falls away. Shipping to Switzerland would be 14 euros. One Swiss or another has a German address. Would be financially interesting for you, if you organize the shipping within Switzerland !?
To England, it would be 14 euros shipping. Again, it would be cheaper if you organize the shipping yourself?
For the 2 Austrians it would be 11.50 each, it's not really worth it.
Within Germany, it is 5 euros.

Greetings Sascha

I'm happy if you guys want to pay direct to the guy, and I'll get them all shipped to me and I'll distribute to the UK chaps from here... 14 Euro seems a little steep... and thats not even stating if it's Per Board or Per shipment... it's gotta be cheaper than individual shipping...

I wonder if he can ship before March 29th?? :eek:?

Sascha is taking payment for the Afterglow boards on the the German site everyone.
Thanks Paul for the kind offer of group shipping, top man!

The tests look pretty good. So should be nice dimming on these.
Do expect a delay on boot. Its not going to be instant sync.
OCDled also have a delay.

Looks like the GI version is picking up speed in dev. They should have a prototype made up soon.

OK Guy's you need to order cables.
Sascha AKA Twister has made a thread with link to Aliexpress of cables and connectors needed.

Back
Top Bottom