What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AFMr Awesomeness

Been there, seen it, done it. Again and again and again and.........................

I expect August given CGC won't have the LE's ready until July.

Neil

I'd be pleasantly surprised if it was that soon, doubt we'll be in the first batch of LE's.

You know they have changed the schedule to build all the LEs in one now?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We hope that everyone had a great holiday.

• Because we completed the 150th AFMR SE last Friday, we allowed our staff to enjoy a four day holiday weekend. Today, we started assembling Limited Edition games. These first LE games will be the Serial Number Matching Program machines. I do not anticipate us shipping any LE’s for about another 10 days because we are still awaiting a couple of parts for the topper. Games will be thoroughly tested with the topper prior to final approval and packing.

• A couple of people expressed a concern about our strobe light. Let me begin by saying that no one has reported a single failure, rather the concern was whether it was not quite as bright as the original. The original game deployed an incandescent Xenon bulb, we are using nothing but LED technology. Seen below you will see our strobe board pictured. There are eighteen(18) 1 watt lamps on this board, very powerful LED’s. Our software team is already working on a control whereby the owner can adjust the brightness of the strobe lamp board. However, It would be helpful if we could identify any AFMR SE owners that also have side-by-side with the original 1995 version of AFM. If so, would you please contact me directly through the messaging system. Regardless, we feel that will be able to make a difference with a simple software update while allowing you the ability to set your preference.

Thank you for your patience and feedback.

More to come!

Doug Skor

Attachments

• 4131ddbe16b02489be514acadcc3fc3b7a4a6c74.jpg
    4131ddbe16b02489be514acadcc3fc3b7a4a6c74.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 36
There be pins Captain!

2c3472fe45e709d05ba5623b9a56bace9bf49f54.jpg

Attachments

• df9df3964aa0fe006da8969cdafddce629036152.jpg
    df9df3964aa0fe006da8969cdafddce629036152.jpg
    165.8 KB · Views: 19
They have also fixed the strobe multiball

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

AFMr is simply outstanding - played it here at Pinburgh and it's so fast - the game is solidly made and the video display is really fantastic.

Who else had one on order? CGC have built most of the first run of LEs now!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Some guy on pinside go their LE in black - its fantastic. Look how the topper is shipped in a WOODEN box ! CGC are nailing it on production again!

afmr1.jpg afmr2.jpg afmr3.jpg afmr5.jpg afmr7.jpg

Very different games.

Played a lot more of dialed in at the weekend and started to get a better feel for it. Between that, AFMR and Star Wars they are actually all very different games but all good games. Star Wars I think is let down by over complex code and a need to
Mash the middle button too often - the shots are nice though balanced between easy and hard. I got a billion in Star Wars on my 5th game or so but the issue is the stern risk and I'm not comfortable laying out 8K on an LE or premium until the playfield and cabinet issues are closed.

Neil

Back
Top Bottom