What's new

AFM Delayed restart

Mooseman

Site Supporter
Afm has been out on loan while the mooseshack is underway. When it returned the guy says you cant start a second game for about 20 seconds.
I went through adjustments and made sure re start was on instant and then played a game.
Sure enough you cant start the next game for about 20 seconds. The shaker motor feels like it is turning over while we wait then something clicks around bottom right of playfield and then you can start another game.
Not had time for a proper look yet and try a game with playfield in the vertical so can see what’s happening underneath.

Anyone else had a similar problem?

Got to be a ball location issue I’d have thought?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Do you mean you cant add a 2nd player ?

Would also say it could be the shooter lane switch if the ball has popped out (linked to Neils comment) - the machine may be looking for a ball that is already on the shooter lane.

No having finished a game, I cant start a new game until the approx time has elapsed. Meanwhile the shaker i added is turning over slowly, you can hear it if put ear to glass then something clicks and pressing start button now works.
It is an odd one

Where and how is the shaker connected? First thing I would do after a switch test is remove all mods.

Also check all the fuses - I once had a weird magnet fault on a ToTAN because it had a back feed going down somewhere, and it was a fuse on a totally different circuit (a flasher one).

Did you try disconnecting the added shaker to see if it was that causing the problem?

Is the 12v and 5v supply ok when the problem occurs? Seems like something is awaiting the correct circumstances in order to start so id check those after fuses.

After a game the flashers will be running for approx that time in gameover mode. If the shaker is tied in to one could that explain the soft rumble as the flasher is briefly pulsed?

So that soft rumble could be normal - ie red herring to your problem - or the cause!

Agree with above try disconnect shaker and see.

Interesting one...

Tim

Yep the shaker is fed from saucer flasher. Pretty much the only option I think

I would be starting by going through a self test. If all is well I would be checking all ribbons, cleaning and reseating.

Ok little bit of research today
Unplug the shaker motor (fed from flashers) and it re starts straight away. Plug it back in and it doesn’t. Pulses the shaker as there is and end of game light show inc saucer flasher.
The click I hear is coming from the left vuc.
I can’t remember if it was like this when I installed the shaker as it’s been away for quite a while.
It’s no biggee of a problem at the mo you just have to wait a wee while.

I take it that the shaker motor has it’s own control pcb? Which is switched from the flasher? Not the motor is directly connected to the flasher circuit?

Seems like the pcb that controls the shaker, has a faulty relay or related component which is getting stuck on or causing a problem in circuit and delaying a new game to start. I would see if you can try another shaker pcb and see if it makes any difference.

I have a shaker pcb you can borrow to try it Moose. Should rule out if yours is faulty.

Back
Top Bottom