What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Aerosmith

And as for Aerosmith I like it so far, had no idea the ball flies through the air into the box, great light shows, did they beef up the sound system as sounds a lot better than the Ghostbusters did, doing the 4gb update now, so might take a while..........

Robert - did your Aerosmith come with a cost saved back with the feet on the main cabinet rather than on two vertical wooden parts?

(Thanks big Ian :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
Lol sorry too much gin :)

I'm not sure but if you really want me to pull it out to look I will :)

looks like my Aerosmith will be landing this week.

Has anyone updated to the latest v1.03.0 code yet ? what sort of time does it take ?

Getting it downloaded and put on a usb stick ready for unboxing :D
Wondering if i should play a few games on the default code before upgrading (to check all seems ok) or just update after checking it powers up ok...

Takes about 20 mins
I'd play a couple of games first. I posted a video of me doing batman on my YouTube page search for me - same procedure.

Pretty sure my TWD and GB have the skids. Just watch when moving as the leg bolts are in and easy to mark floors- luckily my floor in my pinball room is already hosed.

My TWD definitely doesn't. I don't think I've seen a Stern with them. Even older titles like LOTR don't.

Older Sterns tend to have white scratches on the back which gets worse as the nylon glides wear away. I usually put new ones on if I buy a used Stern.

My TWD definitely doesn't. I don't think I've seen a Stern with them. Even older titles like LOTR don't.

Older Sterns tend to have white scratches on the back which gets worse as the nylon glides wear away. I usually put new ones on if I buy a used Stern.

I will check when i get home !

was at the pinball lounge outside Orlando last night and they had aerosmith but the toy box was broken making the game very hard to progress on. was amazed it was broken.

Here is a quick review and first impressions of Aerosmith Pro.

Had this less than a week and put 50 plays on it. Really enjoying it.

I'm not an Aerosmith fan, but I don't dislike them either and the music is starting to grow on me, same way I feel about Metallica. I do find myself tapping my feet along to the music.

Dirty Donny artwork on the playfield, cabinet and backglass looks great and the screen is a big improvement over DMD.

Lighting is great and you could play it in a pitch black room if you wanted.

I won't go too much in to the code but it seems adequate at worst, and nothing glaringly missing. It is early in its life so maybe a few code updates to come, but wouldn't be a disaster if there wasn't.

Shots in general feel good. The right ramp is tight but perfectly shootable, and who wants all the shots to be easy anyway. I have managed to hit it from the right flipper too. It has a proper skill shot that isn't easy, but very rewarding when you get it as it drops the ball into the Toybox lock.

The Toybox ball lock has a satisfying thunk when you hit it. Would be nice if you could hit it directly from the right flipper. I did manage it once but seems nigh on impossible. Not a big deal as it just means you have to be more creative rebounding off other targets to get it, or get the ball back to the left flipper.

Shots to Toybox work 80-90% of the time I'd say. It was either a stupid or brave move by Stern as when you see the size of the gap in person it is quite a distance to be accurately and regularly shooting it. Seems an adequate level of tolerance in my eyes as when you see it shooting the ball you would think it should miss more often. Will it get better/worse over time as the coil ages, who knows.

I know Stern has been getting a bashing recently with cabinet and playfield issues, but everything seems fine and no complaints about the quality of the playfield, cabinet, or anything else from me. There does appear to be an imperfection (see picture) around the Toybox lock, but I've had a close look and feel and the clear coat still seems to be intact so maybe it wasn't perfect underneath before they added the clearcoat. Not a big deal but something to keep an eye on.

Out of the three I own this is definitely the lightest and easy to slide around, even when sitting on a bar stool which is how I play now.

I've put purple superbands on it and am going to get the inner side art blades to finish it off. Other than that there isn't anything else I'd want to add, though a light inside the Toybox would look nice.

All in all I'm really pleased I picked this up and wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to anyone. It is great fun and difficult to walk away from without having one more game.

Will I stop reaching underneath the machine rather than underneath the backbox to power it off/on, time will tell...

20170729_202339_006.jpg

Also the game has plenty of risk-reward gameplay with choosing to accept or decline 3, 4, and 5 ball multiball and go for 6 ball and stack with modes.

2 wizard modes with the final wizard mode, Grand Tour being very lucrative. Not read of anyone getting it yet so it's pretty tough to get to.

I think over the next year or two, the reputation of this game will get better and better as more people play it and compare it to other games.

Also the game has plenty of risk-reward gameplay with choosing to accept or decline 3, 4, and 5 ball multiball and go for 6 ball and stack with modes.

2 wizard modes with the final wizard mode, Grand Tour being very lucrative. Not read of anyone getting it yet so it's pretty tough to get to.

I think over the next year or two, the reputation of this game will get better and better as more people play it and compare it to other games.

What do the 'Dude' rollovers give you and how do you light VIP?

Here is a rulesheet.... fair bit to read!

Code rev: 1.03

Modes (songs): Like Kiss or AC/DC, modes are tied to songs. You start a mode by picking it on the plunge and it also starts a timer with it. Most modes end when you run out of time (at least one -- Same Old Song -- will end after you've shot enough targets during the CIU phase), but thankfully the music continues until you start a new song mode. You can earn more time by shooting the left scoop while Crank it Up is lit (although it's really a shame that Stern used "Crank It Up" on another rock pin to merely add more time -- kind of tarnishes the aura, value, importance, and accomplishment that MET's CIU holds). You cannot start a new mode on subsequent plunges if you drain while there's still time on your mode (at least prior to completing it).

Completing a mode:

Mode progress is tracked by the flower underneath the mode timer. Completing shots in the mode adds another petal to the flower. Some modes require all petals to complete and others do not. When the flower is completed you may still play the mode. If the timer reaches 0 and the mode is completed you get an untimed "final shot" where all shots on the playfield are lit. This final shot qualifies your Super Mode that is tied to the mode you just completed. In some cases, you MUST shoot this final shot prior to draining or you will have lost your Super Mode. For example: even if you have the most epic Walk This Way mode, ratcheting up your base Super Ramps value to millions of points, you will not be given the opportunity to cash in any Super Ramps without hitting the final shot when the timer runs out.

Rats in the Cellar and Back in the Saddle do not need to be completed to finish the mode. They award higher value Super Spinner and Super Pops respectively for the more shots that are made.

Rats in the Cellar -- 8 Shots to complete -- optional: Super Spinner
Last Child - 8 Shots to complete: Super Orbits
Walk This Way -- 8 Shots to complete -- optional: Super Ramps
Dude Look Like a Lady - 10 Shots to complete: Super Lanes
Same Old Song and Dance - 10 Shots to complete: Super Targets
Back in the Saddle -- 8 Shots to complete -- optional: Super Pops
Sweet Emotion -- 12 Shots to complete: Super Scoring (timed scoring round)

Picking your next mode: Shoot the scoop while the record insert is flashing (looks like Stern rolling stones record insert) to choose your next mode. Always available if a song is over unless you start Multiball.

Crank it up: After shooting any single shot in a mode, crank it up is lit on the left scoop. This shot adds 20 seconds to your mode timer, gives you different shots to hit in the mode, and increases your mode scoring. This does not change the number of shots required to complete a mode.

Super modes: Playing a mode through to completion awards a specific super mode tied to that mode. When playing a mode you earn "coins" based on how well you play a mode. More shots made as combos and to flashing arrows earn you more coins, and I believe shots made after you Crank it Up are also worth more coins than shots without using CIU. Your coins are 'cashed in' at the completion of a mode toward the base value of your super mode.

Toys Multiball: Shooting the toy box lights your locks. You can light up to 6 locks at a time (they will be green flashing inserts under the box) prior to collecting any of them. On subsequent Toys MB's, you must hit the Toy Box multiple times to light each Lock.

Toy Box MB ball lock: shoot the right-side LOCK lane to physically lock balls in the toy box via the LOCK lane saucer/kicker -- but beware: the kicker frequently misses, and the missed shot to the toy box means the ball is still in play, and there will be no new ball served to the shooter lane. You can also hit the backdoor of the LOCK lane as a skill shot (think of it like the Rudy's Hideout skill shot) for free locks. You can start multiball with 3 balls... but can choose to abort and lock up to 6 balls in a multiball. This enables higher playfield multiplier during Toys multiball. And 6-ball Toys MB has base jackpot values that are double that of 3-ball Toys MB.

Match play note regarding Toy Box ball locks: Unless the Toy Box mech has been disabled, you can "semi-steal" physically locked balls from other players. If there are 5 balls in the toy box, and P2 chooses to start his/her MB after only 3 locks, the Toy box "plate" will lift all physically locked balls out of the box, giving P2 a brief 6-ball multiball, even though P2 only qualified 3 locks. However, the software compensates by not re-launching the first 2-3 balls that drain during the MB ball-save period, so P2 will quickly be down to their intended 3-ball MB. Further, when P1 locks her 6th ball, even though the Toy Box is physically empty, the game will auto-launch all 5 balls from the trough, adding them to the 1 that was in play for P1's deserved/earned 6-ball MB.

Toys MB Scoring: AKA Klingon MB. Can bring another song in to this, but Toys in the Attic is another song mode insert that can be started and "completed" like other songs. There's a Super Jackpot around the 6th Jackpot. To complete the mode, you must hit every green jackpot twice, then hit the roving super jackpot, and finally hit the double super jackpot at the Toys lock lane shot. Hitting the 2x Super JP relights all the jackpot shots, and completes the Toys in the Attic insert.

Toys MB 2x Scoring: Shoot the toy box to light lock and lock balls in the Toy box for timed 2x scoring. More balls locked can give higher playfield multiplier (+1x for every ball locked). Even if the Toy Box kicker misses the Toy Box with timed locked ball, you'll still have your timed PFx, just not the benefit of one less ball to deal with.

Love in an Elevator Multiball: AKA Megatron MB. Shoot both orbits to light locks, and subsequent Elevator MB's require multiple shots to both orbits to light each lock. Virtually lock 3 balls on the elevator shot. During MB: all major shots are lit. Shoot one and now only the Elevator scoop will be lit for jackpot (1st floor, 2nd floor, etc.). You must repeat this sequence for all major shots, which will then lite Super Jackpot at the Elevator shot. The EMB SJP base value is the sum total of your Floor jackpots, including any shot and combo multipliers. With the updated code, there is now progress memory saved between EMB's. The SJP is collected at 100% value if you do all 8 floors in one multiball. Otherwise it's 75% for 2 attempts, or 50% if it takes you 3 or more attempts to complete EMB.
Note: no timed ball-lock 2x scoring in EMB.

Add-a-Ball: Just like other Ropp MB's... your first Mystery award in MB will give add-a-ball.

PF Multiplier: seems to be a mystery award on the scoop only on the Pro ("Double Scoring"). On the premium this is the upper playfield: shoot all the UPF standup targets, and then shoot the UPF loop to begin timed 2x scoring.

Shot multiplier: completing all nine of the yellow stand-up targets lights the shot multiplier on the next shot for the rest of the ball.

VIP Pass: No, it's not a VIP Award like ACDC. It's a KISS Front Row outlane ball save, but on the right outlane this time.

Extra Balls: By default it lights once you start 3 modes. There's also an EB lit by hitting approx 5 "secret" Jacky shots. These secret Jacky shots are major shots that are not lit for mode scoring.

Medley Multiball: (Spoiler alert: hidden for those that want to experience it before learning about it.)

Summary
Wizard mode is qualified by completing all songs. Completing a song during Medley multiball does NOT count toward the wizard mode.

Cheers, I'd already read that :thumbs:. It still doesn't say what the Dude rollovers do or how to light VIP. Will try to keep my eye on the screen to see if that gives a clue.

Did a little research.....as I had no idea;)

Hit both standup targets in front of the Toy Box to light "VIP Pass" outlane ball save.

Dude - light all 3 to increase bonus multiplier.

This is well worth a look.

Ah yes, thank you. I did watch this a couple of weeks ago but that was before I had one so I wasn't taking notes. He is very thorough so I'll have another watch. I think it was this video that convinced me to buy one.

Played it today at TILT. Bewildering - shouldn't have to read a book/manual to enjoy pinball. Not my cup of tea. Nice multiball though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I wouldn't describe it as bewildering. At its simplest it is pick a tune and aim for the lights to complete the mode before the time runs out. Extra time can be added by shooting the scoop when lit. There are things here and there that I am still familiarising myself with but that is part of the fun.

Need to practise on this machine - I can't hit the lock target for toffee and without that it's a hard game to score points on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back
Top Bottom