What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Addams Family Pinball - 1st Machine

Andrew Prothero

Registered
Hello Everyone,

I have just joined the forum, we have just bought our 1st Machine, an Addams Family.

We bought it back from the French Alps in April... was quite a random buy / crazy story...

It's been well used, all original.

All functions and features work (except one magnet as I have disconnected it)

The playfield looks like it has a Mylar? On top of it... the Mylar is damaged in a few places , couple of bubbles, is this something that I should take off, or is that opening a whole world of hurt for a newbie..??

The playfield has one quite bad magnet burn mark, so anyone have any advice on the overlays available?

I'm in Bristol, any one around here do playfield restoration / work?

Also could I tackle changing to LEDs ? If so any recommendations which kit to buy from where, as there seems loads of different ones out there!

We're having amazing fun with it as a family and want to give it some well needed TLC

Many Thanks

Any help would be much appreciated.

Andy
<number removed>

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Andy, and welcome to the madhouse!!
Don't do play field resto work, however happy to pop around and give you some hints and tips on the rest :)
Which part of Bristol are you?
Cheers
Paul

Welcome Andy,

I'm just trying to imagine that conversation with my wife.

We're enjoying a nice family holiday somewhere and come across a pinball machine for sale, I say look at that nice machine over there, let's buy it and take it home with us?

Any reply I get back from her isn't going to be a yes love I'll pay for it while you fold it up, then I'll give you a hand to put it in the back of the car.

Good luck with the new pinball, and I wish you luck with the additional ones that will follow.

Welcome

Perfect first choice of machine

Take things slowly, read up before you start refurbing your machine. Mylar can be removed (videos on youtube). It can be a nasty, filthy job that can be a can of worms. Removing the residual glue left behind after the mylar has been pulled will filth up your game as the glue/ powder mix goes everywhere and needs very thorough removal.

Addams Family has "diamond plate" varnish on top of the playfield artwork, the mylar is additional protection on top of this. This diamond plate makes mylar removal relatively safe should you choose to do it

i think you should see a few more addams to get a flavour for whether Mylar removal on your machine is worthwhile

Welcome Andy. My first and only machine is also Addams Family - great machine! I've got quite a few mods done and mine is in pretty good shape (seeing as it's 'on location'). Loads and loads of info on here for tips etc and TAF related stuff. Enjoy!

Hi Andy, and welcome to the madhouse!!
Don't do play field resto work, however happy to pop around and give you some hints and tips on the rest :)
Which part of Bristol are you?
Cheers
Paul
Hi Paul, sorry for the late reply, I didn't realise I had had any replies yet!

I feel very welcome! Well that would be great if you are ever my way!? Please do pop in for a cuppa... or beer.

I'm in shirehampton, I work shifts so can be around quite flexibly...

Are you also in bristol?

My number is <number removed> if that's easier.

Last edited by a moderator:
Never post your mobile!!! You'll have 16 'ladies' turn up in the next half hour and signed up for 'buxom blondes' magazine for the rest of your life!!!!
Only joking, welcome!

Hi Paul, sorry for the late reply, I didn't realise I had had any replies yet!

I feel very welcome! Well that would be great if you are ever my way!? Please do pop in for a cuppa... or beer.

I'm in shirehampton, I work shifts so can be around quite flexibly...

Are you also in bristol?

My number is <number removed> if that's easier.

Removed your number to keep things safer. Will give you a shout in the coming days :)

Cheers
Paul

Back
Top Bottom