What's new

A3 to Pickup NF

James

Site Supporter
Alias
James
Hi all,

Quick question, I am in my company car and have the chance to pick up a NF in my A3 - will it actually go in with the head off? Pinkwiki says yes, but I picked up a LaserBall last week and had to come back for the head (LB body fit in, head did not) I imagine the extra room from the widebody will mean I can fit the head in too, have a passenger too which is less than ideal.

I can fit most pins in my VW Polo with the head off but there's no room for a front seat passenger so I suspect it'll be that which stops it fitting :thumbs:

IS that because you pull the seat forward? Or you sit the head in the front seat?

IS that because you pull the seat forward? Or you sit the head in the front seat?

The passenger seat has to go fully forward for the cab to fit in so no one could sit in it. The head goes in behind the drivers seat and the size and shape of it determine how comfortable a driving position I get :D

I've picked up games from as far away as Cornwall like this....and once from southern Belgium :rofl:

If it can go that for forward and there’s ok enough he will fit! He will just be a bit squashed, surely the NF must be shallower than Laserball which was quite hefty.

Southern Belgium, there’s a story here’s - surely.

Does anyone know where I can find pinball dimensions

I've got a MKV Golf and can bung a machine in the back of that (only VECTORs though)

upload_2018-1-25_19-15-22.png

The passenger seat has to go fully forward for the cab to fit in so no one could sit in it. The head goes in behind the drivers seat and the size and shape of it determine how comfortable a driving position I get :D

I've picked up games from as far away as Cornwall like this....and once from southern Belgium :rofl:

Haha. You can’t beat driving hundreds of miles back from a pin pick up with T-Rex arms because your seats rammed as far forward as it’ll go :rofl:

hire a van - a lot can go wrong and you damage the car

It is a company car and I run our service department, so there is a lot of large, metal based items that have been squeezed in there before to be honest, they won't worry too much about that. Pinwiki says it will go, so I am hoping it will go... might need some jiggery pokery though. Thanks for the advice all.

Is Vector smaller?
Apologies if I confused, just wanted to show how a pin fits easy in a similar car. There's still room front/back and side if the machine was a few inches bigger. Never tried a modern machine with head folded the head may need to come off or loosened and pushed down.

Good luck with the pickup and enjoy NF, I fancy one myself:thumbs:

I've transported games in an A3 before. For a wpc95 the head had to be slid forward but was not removed.

You have to also watch the headlining at the top because there is a large risk of it getting damaged as you angle the game in.

It may depend on the year of the car also as there may be minor changes to height levels between the years.

I recall, although it was some years ago now, that if the head is removed you can put that at one side and then angle the main cabinet to make it fit.

No guarantees though and good luck if you decide to go ahead!

Really appreciate all. It’s a 5 door one obviously and is the newer model (2017) which apparently has a 50L bigger boot, I got a Laserball in but the head was never going too, this was an older man Williams wide body which are a few inches bigger I understand - hopefuly I can loosen head and slide, if not remove completely which will be a pain but hey ho.

Head off it fits - I’ll explain more tomorrow, must sleep

Back
Top Bottom