What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Question about Coin Mech Mounting

Wiredworm

Registered
Howdy!!

I've just got to the point where i'm refitting the coin mech into Rocky & Bullwinkle and whilst doing so it's made me curious about the way it's mounted and whether it's right; and if so why it's mounted that way.

Referring back to photos I can see the mech has four mounting points. The top two were secured by a spring that was sandwiched between two washed before being capped off with an acorn nut. The net effect of this is that there is some 'play' in the mech when you press the coin reject button. You can see the setup with the acorn nut here.

2014-07-22 21.51.50.jpg

The bottom posts were both held in place with a keps nut (also known as a k-nut or washer nut). This means there is no play in the bottom. Again, this is the setup on the bottom of the mech.

2014-07-22 22.08.20.jpg

Can anyone confirm if this is right and if so why it's done this way? Is the play in the top half just to absorb any hammer the mech takes from people either inserting money or hammering the eject mechanism?

There are also two silver brackets on the top and the bottom, you can actually see one of them in the first picture above. Are these just to support the mech? Again they're just held in place with keps nuts.

Not really a problem as such but i'm just curious at to why it's fitted this way.

Thanks in advance for any comments and feedback. :)

Having stripped 2 of these doors last week I can confirm that's correct with the springs at the top, not sure why? maybe to absorb abuse as you said?

The mech on my TFTC is the same. I always thought it felt a bit crap, and flimsy compared to the Bally/Williams doors o_O

The mech on my TFTC is the same. I always thought it felt a bit crap, and flimsy compared to the Bally/Williams doors o_O

My Bally DW has exact same setup I think it was across the board with coin controls doors

Back
Top Bottom