What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Poll on Travelling to Play Machines

Moonraker

Site Supporter
At Special When Lit we have always got a bit of an on-going debate about who would travel to play what, so I thought it might make an interesting poll.... I wanted to include a couple more choices (TZ & CV plus a choice of none of the above!) but hit the poll max of ten entries.

Recently I've been to Skegness (2 hours from my house) and Amuseworld in St Neots (1hr 45mins from my house) just to play pinball. I didn't even know what pins would be there for the Skeg trip, just wanted to play some pins different from what I own
smile-1.png

I probably travel around the country more than most people on this group in order to play pinball. Working in the rail industry helps, as I can jump on a train without worrying too much about the cost.

Regarding how far people would travel to play a certain machine. There was a Medieval Madness in one of the arcades on Hayling Island up until about a year ago, I would regularly travel from Kettering to Havant, then endure the half hour bus ride onto Hayling Island to get my MM pinball fix. It must have been more than a 300 mile round trip each time!

Pinformer is your friend if you like to travel around looking for games to play in pubs and arcades.

PS, I should hopefully be coming down to Special When Lit this Friday evening for a few games...

Looks like woz is going to be popular! Normally I would have said MM but I'm currently borrowing one and having had my fix I'm not sure I would travel that far to play one in the near future!

Travel an hour just to play a particular pin ??? doubt it these days to be honest, especially 90s games which I have played sooooo much over the years

Travel an hour + to hang out with some buddies, drink beer and play pinball - any pinball ??? OH YES :cool:

GrizZ' date=' post: 1678826 said:
Travel an hour just to play a particular pin ??? doubt it these days to be honest, especially 90s games which I have played sooooo much over the years

Travel an hour + to hang out with some buddies, drink beer and play pinball - any pinball ??? OH YES :cool:

+1

The only pins I would be traveling to see would be attached to some beautiful woman.

GrizZ' date=' post: 1678826 said:

+2

I usually hunt for pins on Pinformer if we happen to be in the area. I did travel down to AmuseWorld in St. Neots though - 45 mins or so from me. Off to Skeggy soon so I hope there are plenty to be found there!
smile-1.png

I did travel down to AmuseWorld in St. Neots though

I was there a couple of Sundays ago, what a great place. It was pretty quiet so me and the missus had the place to ourselves
biggrin-1.png

Off to Skeggy soon so I hope there are plenty to be found there!

Lucky Strike arcade on the seafront has got a couple of Sterns and the Pier arcade has got a POTC and a knackered TAF.

Did a mini tour of the Newcastle town centre pinballs last night. All 2 of them. Only 100 yards between the pubs though which is cool. Taf and SW trilogy

yeah, i would travel quite far to play any half-decent pinball machine if i were bored and i had some spare time.....

jonathan' date=' post: 1678918 said:
Did a mini tour of the Newcastle town centre pinballs last night. All 2 of them. Only 100 yards between the pubs though which is cool. Taf and SW trilogy

I've got competition? Where's the SWT? Not on Pinformer. You could've made it a big night out 'cos you missed the FT in Ricks ;-)

Alan.

After a tip off on the Yahoo group (thanks drfrancisgross) I've been playing Indy08 at a pub not far from where I live in Notts (5min drive). I never knew there was a wild pin so close to my house
biggrin-1.png

The only slight downside is that after chucking a few quid into it, I don't think Indy08 is that great
sad-1.png
The ark multiball is very cool but the rest just didn't grab me. However it's one of only two pins on site in Nottingham so I'll still be going to play it. The pub has a high score competition for the Tournament Play mode as well so that should keep it interesting.

i played the stern indy and totally hated it. it did taint my view of stern machines tbh.....very 'versace' to look at but horrible to play.

very bling bling but no substance.

:cool:

really want to play the williams version when i can find one near me!

really want to play the williams version when i can find one near me!

Williams IJ is one of my favourite pins
biggrin-1.png
I'm a massive Indy fan in general so was surprised I didn't like the Stern one. Can't be good if it doesn't grab a fan of the theme.

i like the films also and my eight year old princess loves them so im prepared to get a williams one without trying it first!

just wish i could find someone to trade for my addams

im prepared to get a williams one without trying it first!

In my opinion you won't regret it. Absolute quality pin
biggrin-1.png
Out of range of my pin budget at the moment unfortunately
sad-1.png

get rid of that mame thing and your onto a winner.

:eek: No way, I need my Streetfighter 2 fix
biggrin-1.png

A ridiculous amount of time and effort have gone into that MAME cab.....I don't think I'll ever be able to part with it
smile-1.png

IJ (wms) is such a fantastic game, i would go as far to say its better than 95% of pins out there. Grab a good one and you wont be sorry.

ronsplooter' date=' post: 1678924 said:
. However it's one of only two pins on site in Nottingham so I'll still be going to play it.g.

There HAS to be more around here somewhere and I'm gonna find them dammit. The only other machine is a Spiderman in town that has been treated with total disdain by the pub it's located in.

Regarding poll, I'd travel an hour for MB, as I've not had the pleasure of playing it yet.

Orochi Leona' date=' post: 1682200 said:
There HAS to be more around here somewhere and I'm gonna find them dammit. The only other machine is a Spiderman in town that has been treated with total disdain by the pub it's located in.

Regarding poll, I'd travel over an hour for MB, I've not had the pleasure of playing it yet.

Traveling an hour to play a Monster Bash, Prepare to be disappointed.

^ Maybe. But seeing as the pinball community refuse to let this game go I'd at least be willing to visit an arcade to find that out for myself.

Back
Top Bottom