What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A nice pair

Cryptkeeper

Registered
Alias
RingSting
Easy now lads!
Its not what you think..............;)
I'll keep it clean!

Picked this up last night from BigIan and am chuffed!
lh5.googleusercontent.com__yz6EXiLdGpA_U7_TIY2UhPI_AAAAAAAAC8w538a666d44cf8004e0ca8f74ed5727e3.jpg

Needs a few little bits doing but all in all a solid example!
Sits nicely in my dining room:)

lh6.googleusercontent.com__XcH3FsjvDjQ_U7_TC341jvI_AAAAAAAAC8c1b499298c9742a9e183b88e8bad46195.jpg

Any other getaway owners out there?I have a few questions!
Thanks again Ian!

Very nice, congrats! Great to see the Irish pinball community taking off more and more.

I'll definitely have to own a Getaway at some point in the future, maybe not a keeper but I do love the ball accelerator feature, sounds/music and there are some fun shots there too. Would love to give Tales from the Crypt a bash one day too, I've only seen video but the DMD animations are brilliantly gory! :)

Thanks Node!
We dont have a lot of choice over here when it comes to pins so they're all keepers,sorry Ian .....
Seems like most of them were shipped to the UK in the early 2000's.

I dont care what anybody says TFTC is a fantastic game.
theres a new rom coming out for it soon too to iron out some bugs and balance scoring which is nice!
(also tames the crypt keepers cackling!)

theres a new rom coming out for it soon too to iron out some bugs and balance scoring which is nice!
(also tames the crypt keepers cackling!)

Is that another one from Chad on Pinside? His DESW 25th Anniversary ROM is partly what got me buying the DESW! The guy's a legend for that kind of Data East ROM hacking.

Yea its from Chad!
He seems to know what hes at all right so should be good.

Quick one for you Kevlar!
When should the lamps in the supercharger come on?

The yellow lamp should be on at the start of a game then go out after you've hit the supercharger. To relight you have to hit the standup targets on the left and right above the slings. Best way to see how it works is with the glass off hit the standups. Hit them more times to increase the number of loops and points given by the supercharger. Think thats sums it up.

Oh the red light comes on after going up through all the gears. Hit supercharger to start redline mania.

Hope I've got all that right.

The Red flashers go when theres a ball in the supercharger.

The only other thing you need to know is the L5 ROM is crap, L2 is the best one.

L5 doesn't fix secret mania so the machine loses track of your ball locks, you end up running the green light, which brings me on to "RUN THE RED LIGHT" has been removed from that ROM and finally, you can lose your red line mania by taking your multiball at the point you would normally shoot the super charger, its garbage basically.

None of this happens on L2 (except the secret mania bug).

Don't think I've seen any of that Carl. I'll check my Rom revision when I get home.

Last edited:
The supercharger flashers are tied into the pop bumpers too.

the pop bulbs are not working either.
in fact all the bulb holders are actually gone :(

in other new I got the supercharger working 100% working !
few more bits before I can get a game!
hopefully by the end of tomorrow

L5 doesn't fix secret mania so the machine loses track of your ball locks, you end up running the green light, which brings me on to "RUN THE RED LIGHT" has been removed from that ROM and finally, you can lose your red line mania by taking your multiball at the point you would normally shoot the super charger, its garbage basically.

None of this happens on L2 (except the secret mania bug).
Out of interest, what did L5 actually achieve or add? There must be something lol.

Back
Top Bottom