What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The 2017 Festive Pinball Gathering

Moonraker

Site Supporter
SATURDAY 9TH & SUNDAY 10TH DECEMBER 2017

SATURDAY 10TH DECEMBER

Open 11:00; Start 11:30; Finish 19:00

FESTIVE CLASSIC TOURNAMENT

Qualifying 11:30 – 15:30; Knockout games 15:30 – 19:00.

All classic games will be on 3 balls with no extra balls. You will play one qualifying game on five of the six available classic machines. The top 12 or 16 qualifiers (dependent on numbers on the day) will advance to head-to-head play in a 'best of seven' games match. The top eight players will then play 'best of seven' matches to find the top four players. These players will play 'best of seven' matches to find the top two players who will then play a 'best of seven' match to find the winner.

Note: There will be no practice on machines in the Classic tournaments but you are free to practice on any other machines.

COST

Social visit (no classic participation) – £10 per person, £5 for children under 16.
Festive Classic Tournament – £10 per person, £5 for children under 16.

SUNDAY 11TH DECEMBER

Open 11:00; Start 11:30; Finish 18:00

FESTIVE PINBALL GATHERING TOURNAMENT

All games will be on 3 balls with no extra balls. You will play one qualifying game on eight machines. The top 12 or 16 qualifiers (dependent on numbers on the day) will advance to head-to-head play in a 'best of five' games match. The top eight players will then play 'best of five' matches to find the top four players. These players will play 'best of five' matches to find the top two players who will then play a 'best of five' match to find the winner.

There will be a 30 minute practice whilst people are registering. Play to start at 11:30am, qualifying to be completed by 3:30pm, when the knockout will start.

COST

Social or Tournament - £10 per person, £5 for children under 16.

REGISTRATION

Please email peter@specialwhenlit.co.uk to confirm you place.

Entry is limited to a maximum of 54 people on each day.

EXPECTED MACHINES (SUBJECT TO AVAILABILITY):

Attack From Mars
Avengers LE
Catcus Canyon Continued
Genesis
Junkyard
Medieval Madness
Metallica Master Of The Puppets LE
Monster Bash
Pink Panther
RoboCop
Scared Stiff
Space Hawks
Spirit
Star Trek:The Next Generation
Star Wars LE
Terminator 2
The Amazing Spider-man
Theatre Of Magic
Transformers Combo LE
Tron:Legacy
Twilight Zone (3rd Magnet Installed)
Whitewater

Address: Unit 5, Loyal Trade Business Park, Stephenson Road, Salisbury SP2 7NS.

A map and directions can be found here:
http://www.specialwhenlit.co.uk/location.php

These are not for profit events for supporters of Special When Lit that help raise funds to keep Special When Lit open.

Last edited:
Hi Pete

Looking to be there, but I think you've got a slight confusion on your dates (as is also on your website!).

You've got both 9th/10th and 10th/11th in the post?!:confused:

In!! On the Sunday only though, thought I'd let Richard Mallet take the Classics down on the Saturday..!

Hi Pete

Looking to be there, but I think you've got a slight confusion on your dates (as is also on your website!).

You've got both 9th/10th and 10th/11th in the post?!:confused:

Thanks Nick, I have managed to correct it here and will speak to the web chappie. :thumbs:

is this the same format as the uk tourney you ran Pete?

No Neil, they are quite different. There is a mix of high scoring like for a league meet in qualifying and then the requied head to head play in the knockout. I guess that could be considered similar to the UK open but it's the same the world over.

Didn't know you had the SW! Might have to pop down before this and get some practice in.

On the casualty list and not available at the weekend is Space Hawks after the MPU went down last Friday night. :(

Not sure on the replacement yet. Possibly Gorgar or Time Machine. Anyone got a preference? :hmm:

I will probably bump Twilight Zone (reliability issues so not suitable for tournament use) and replace with Star Trek:The Next Generation. That will help provide enough room for everyone to admire Alien. :thumbs:

Bad news. Unfrotunately the chap bringing Alien is unwell and will not be attending, so it will not be here this weekend. :( :( :(

No Alien Xmas.png

Yay, you know its Christmas and the festive pinball gathering when Ad shows up and shows you how to play pinball with the Dutch stance! :clap:

Ad.jpg

Great to catch up with folks yesterday and day.

Shame numbers were down a bit due to a combination of weather/illness etc, but thanks as ever to Peter, Moira and Hilary for all their efforts in hosting and organising it!:clap::thumbs:

Results from a wonderful weekend of pinball. A big thank you to everyone who supported the Festive Pinball Gathering..!

Classics:
1 Rich Mallett
2 Nick Baxter-Sibley
3 Greg Mott
4 Ad Jonker
5 Tom Fletcher
5 Peter Blakemore
7 Hilary Hector
8 Steve Akroyd
8 David Mainwaring
10 Tim Slow
11 Ivan Miles
12 Moira Ross
13 Nick Hamill

Main:
1 Craig Pullen
2 Peter Blakemore
3 Matt Vince
4 Rich Mallett
5 Nick Hamill
5 Moira Ross
7 Greg Mott
7 Neil Fellender
9 Ed Duckworth
10 Ad Jonker
11 Nick Hill
12 Hilary Hector
13 Tom Fletcher
14 Nick Baxter-Sibley
15 Steve Akroyd
16 Dave Pring

Best Lady Trophy to:
Moira Ross.

Winner of the High Score Tournament on Star Wars LE:
Peter Blakemore

Had a great time as always, huge thanks to all the hard work from Peter, Moira and Hilary. I know it was a difficult weekend with the weather, but such hard work goes into making SWL possible, it deserves better attendance. Anyway, I loved it

Back
Top Bottom