What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

80's Fruit Machines

I am not seeking to diss fruity buyers ... I just don't understand the appeal. Owning a fruity, playing with your own money ?

What is it all about ?

Which are the most desirable ones ? What are prices doing?

Do owners actually play them ? For very long ?

I have long thought this. As someone who enjoys occasionally sticking a few squids in a bandit, the whole enjoyment of them is the chance to actually win a bit of money.

I have long thought this. As someone who enjoys occasionally sticking a few squids in a bandit, the whole enjoyment of them is the chance to actually win a bit of money.
They have never been for me though I have known friends who would play them a lot in pubs back in the day.

I can see the appeal. You still have that feeling of 'winning' or 'beating' the machine.

I bet (see what I did there) it's still a real thrill to get a good run going on it, maxing stuff out. And of course the flip side of the coin ( doing it again) to not winning money, is you don't lose any money :thumbs:

I used to enjoy playing them in my college days, topping up my grant. I wouldn't play any these days they are awfull and just eat money unless you know the "emptiers".

They have never been for me though I have known friends who would play them a lot in pubs back in the day.

I can see the appeal. You still have that feeling of 'winning' or 'beating' the machine.

I bet (see what I did there) it's still a real thrill to get a good run going on it, maxing stuff out. And of course the flip side of the coin ( doing it again) to not winning money, is you don't lose any money :thumbs:
My feelings exactly, I just got jackpot on IJ, £8 of my own money but I was thrilled and the satisfying clunk clunk as it pays out in 20p tokens is brill. And just like the old days you can pay for beers with them at the bar!

#disclaimer - bar must be huo!

I have always had Fruities alongside pins... However i prefer the smaller and more unusual machines.

I may have a few one armed bandits in varing states of repair up for sale soon... however still always looking for the smaller and more unusual machines... :D

Always quite fancied a one-armed bandit - they look brilliant, and I remember playing the later ones on the ferry on the way to France when I was a kid (probably illegally thinking about it!) trying to double my francs although as I recall I actually spent most of the winnings in the NeoGeo MVS's that P&O used to have on the boats (which have given me a life time love of League Bowling, and the isometric rally game whose name escapes me at he moment)
But they always go for more money than I could justify spending on what would probably end up as an ornament after the first week when the novelty wore off.....

Not even this one?

I remember an 80's fruit machine - you could gamble a cherry 40p, all the way to £60.

Found it!

What would one of these cost? Easy to find?

Neo Drift Out?

LEEEEEEAAAAAGUE BOWLING !!!!
That's the one - was about to fireup the MAME cab and remind myself of the name
Still play LEEEEEEAAAAAGUE BOWLING a lot - one of those it's not deep or complex in any way, but 'OK, just one more go' kind of games

I remember an 80's fruit machine - you could gamble a cherry 40p, all the way to £60.

Found it!

What would one of these cost? Easy to find?

Search Facebook marketplace for fruit machines. I am sure there is one of them listed at the moment.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Around 1990 to 1993 there was a playing card based fruity in my student union bar that I quite enjoyed. 10p a spin with £100 cash jackpot.

But back then the regular pubs had absolute crap in them. Stuff like the pink panther or monopoly which were 20p a spin, £4.80 max win - and that was in tokens.

I would love to play the 2p machines like Golden Shot or Cash Smash that I remember from the arcades for the nostalgia trip. I can't help thinking that owning them would be pretty boring though.

The daft £4.80 jackpot really hit takings so pubs looked for something different helping start the UK 90s pinball boom .

Reactions: DRD
I went through a stage of collecting new machines, I'm to young to appreciate the older mpu3 stuff but was into all the newer stuff. Trashed it all now apart from my fav machine Impulse Hurricane! but did keep the glasses of all the others :) will hang them up one day.

Another one I love Ronnie but I just bought a grab the bank so that’s me done

Some great titles Chris, I thinned down my collection a lot! just have this a royal exchange and 2 electro's Bell fruit lucky 2's and a Carfield 3 way win, one of the first nudge machines, oh and a few one arm bandirs

Chances Unlimited, what a machine.. One of my fav’s besides Hyper Viper & Line Up..
Also loved Eachway Shuffle.
How much are Royal Exchanges going for nowadays Ronnie?
Wish I still had mine.
Also had Road Runner in the 80’s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chances Unlimited, what a machine.. One of my fav’s besides Hyper Viper & Line Up..
Also loved Each Way Shuffle.
How much are Royal Exchanges going for nowadays Ronnie?
Wish I still had mine.
Also had Road Runner in the 80’s

Not sure! I was lucky and got mine in a local furniture auction, nobody bid apart from me, got it for 40 quid there was more than that in old money inside and it fully worked

What a result, bet you couldn’t believe it..

Yes it was great, but my best was the nudge double up deluxe sru, bought for 40 quid not working and a few payout tubes and slides missing, had that for years and regret selling it. Listed it on ebay with a it won't sell price but it did😤

Back
Top Bottom