What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Complete 8' x 16' Shed-cade mini

How big are you thinking??
My Shed is going to be 7.4m by 3.66m but split into two ie a pin room and a workshop. The pin room is also going to have a small chunk took off for a sauna(which I used to have in my old house and I really miss it and thereis no where else to put onje so why not in my man cave!!)

Here is my provisional floor plan. right hand bit is workshop left pin room - grey line is boundary fence

Cheers Kev

upload_2017-1-6_12-47-57.png

Kev,

Just an observation - 0.75m (29.5") for the door between the Workshop and the main room? Bit tight with door/Architrave - with bolts a WPC is 74cm.... "disabled" door of 33" would probably help a little....

Cheers
Paul

Kev,

Just an observation - 0.75m (29.5") for the door between the Workshop and the main room? Bit tight with door/Architrave - with bolts a WPC is 74cm.... "disabled" door of 33" would probably help a little....

Cheers
Paul
yeah Paul you are right it supposed to be a 30" door but will build to suit when I put the dividing wall up, probs use a 33"

Cheers

kev

Looking good.

Just one piece of advice, put a good slope on the flat roof. Water pooling is some ****e to deal with.

House I live in has 2 flat roofs. Both of them coming down next year when the renovations start!

There is a 2" fall. Water really does fly off.
I've got a felt roof on my kitchen. Doesn't leak yet but looks iffy.

Yeah it's coming along. Had to have a break from it to start my living room. The Mrs wants to decorate and the old fireplace needed ripping out first.

i1283.photobucket.com_albums_a545_shootingpigeons_DSC_0031_zpsmqqif8uf.jpg

looking even better - very cosy!!

Noted you have plaster boarded the walls - are you going to skim it or just fill and paint ? I'm still out on this as worried a wooden structure will give a bit with weather and will it crack with the movement etc ????

Cheers

kev

I'm going to scrim and fill the walls. I've never done dry lining before. So if it all goes wrong, I'll get it skimmed.

I think it will crack and need to be filled over time. Just have to see how it goes. =)

so forgot to ask and not easy to see in the pic - I assume they are tapered edge plasterboards ?

Yeah. The scrim tape goes in the edges and white filer stuff goes on.
Someone is going to show me what stuff to use. So I'll see how I get on.

Why not just paint the plasterboard (non-tapered) Kev? That's what I did on latest games room. With all the pins in you can hardly see the holding screws. I used decorators caulk to fill the gaps between plasterboard, just pushed in with finger and wiped off with damp cloth. Same with ceiling.

Example pic when painted here:

s29.postimg.org_bw9fok7fr_20160801_195010.jpg

Yeah. The scrim tape goes in the edges and white filer stuff goes on.
Someone is going to show me what stuff to use. So I'll see how I get on.
Get premixed its lots easier than mixing powder and water to get it just right, it's very easy to go over board at this point as you want it perfect but trowel on over tape and screw holes, let it dry and sand then paint, then only fill any gaping blemishes and sand and paint again, I spent far too long trying to get a wall perfect because you're working 1 foot from it and you see every blemish but in reality it's a painted wall that no one looks at so don't turn a 2 hour job into 2 days in the name of perfection!

Reactions: JMP
Why not just paint the plasterboard (non-tapered) Kev? That's what I did on latest games room. With all the pins in you can hardly see the holding screws. I used decorators caulk to fill the gaps between plasterboard, just pushed in with finger and wiped off with damp cloth. Same with ceiling.

Did think of doing that John - but I have done it with a ceiling before in a garage and the finish was ok but not perfect. How about a close up of one of your joints ;)

Cheers

Kev

Too late now he's bought and using tapered....but I like your style!

Back
Top Bottom