What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Complete 8' x 16' Shed-cade mini

Sounduser

Registered
Making a little shedcade for the boy and I.
Pinball machine is taking up too much space in the work shop and we want a little air hockey table.
£486.52 spent on this lot.

i1283.photobucket.com_albums_a545_shootingpigeons_DSC_0249_zpsbpgowqun.jpg

Last edited:
i1283.photobucket.com_albums_a545_shootingpigeons_DSC_0237_zps4deuwokw.jpg

Bigger would be great. But I'm working to the space I have.

Also budget is around £1000

may have been cheaper to go to here : http://totalsheds.co.uk/

Just up the road, good guys, and good prices. They build them all in their own yard and deliver/erect for ya.. Can also resize to fir the available space
(and no, i don't know them personally - just know several in the midlands that have used em and were happy with what they got! :) )

Coming on!!! are you going to insulate and what you using for the floor and roof ?

Cheers

Kev

Yeah. Going to insulate the roof and walls.
Going to lay a little screed on the floor to level it. Inch of jablite and damp proof. Then two inches of concrete.
Going to do a fiberglass flat roof.
I will clad my workshop in feather board too. It looks so bad in those pictures.

looking good man - only bit of advice I would give is the lap should really of been on roofers battens to give an air gap behind it to stop condensation and rot, but hey ho I'm sure it will be fine!!

Cheers

kev

looking good man - only bit of advice I would give is the lap should really of been on roofers battens to give an air gap behind it to stop condensation and rot, but hey ho I'm sure it will be fine!!

Cheers

kev

Should have clad the whole outside with osb board too.
I got a 7x7 tools shed a while ago for almost £300. Bet it doesn't last as long as this. :)

what must your neighbours think?

so far it looks like something the police would put up as a temp structure to dig for bodies. watching with interest, keep it coming :thumbs:

Should have clad the whole outside with osb board too.
I got a 7x7 tools shed a while ago for almost £300. Bet it doesn't last as long as this. :)
Yeah true!!! but then your membrane would of needed to be on the outside of the OSB which is a bit hard to do now!!! ;)

Keep up the good work!!

Cheers

kev

what must your neighbours think?

so far it looks like something the police would put up as a temp structure to dig for bodies. watching with interest, keep it coming :thumbs:
I thought it was taking on the shape of a timber storage container myself.
The neighbour behind already thinks I'm weird. Had a leak in my work shops tin roof. So I was painting some leak stop on.
She was in her garden with a puppy. Looking at me like "why are you painting your roof, you can't see it"

Yeah. Going to insulate the roof and walls.
Going to lay a little screed on the floor to level it. Inch of jablite and damp proof. Then two inches of concrete.
Going to do a fiberglass flat roof.
I will clad my workshop in feather board too. It looks so bad in those pictures.
Why not just level the concrete and save the hassle, then if needed pour a self levelling compound on top of the concrete to smooth it off depending on what's going on top...but old carpet on concrete will be fine for a pin shack

Edit I see the levelling will stop the insulation breaking up with the concrete on top that's a good point as you were!

Last edited:
sounds like a standard single 16x8' garage, like my old Tiki hut. you should be able to get 4 and perhaps 5 in there, as remember you need to be able to get the glass off. in my garage though, i had access via one of the 8' sides

3D looky look at garage in google sketchup v2 (updated).jpg garage w 2 pins (2).JPG garage w 2 pins.JPG garage w 4 pins.JPG garage w 5 pins in Sketchup - Nov2012 (AFM, MB, SS, RG, WCS).jpg

so what are your plans for a door, and how you'll get them in and out?
best case scenario, if you have a wide door along the middle of one of the long sides, you could get three on each of the short sides - so 6 pins

Blimey.
I've only got one pin. But the plan is three pins up the wall. A little bar, mame/hyper spin cab and a folding air hockey table.
Like the disco ball.

love the glitter ball Dan so tacky!!!!

What is the software @cooldan you use for these 3d visulisations - is it freeware?

Cheers

Kev

it's google sketchup, Kev, used to be freeware but then they made it a paid thing - although i downloaded a cracked version with full features (just have to remember not to update it, heh) - with practise, you can not only do stills but also videos with a camera moving around and between: i made a few virtual happy place pinrooms like this one for fun for myself, and for some friends on here like @Will and @Julian and @johnwhitfield, set to music, uploaded them to youtube. in the sketchup warehouse i also made virtual models of 150 or so pins, so i even did a video for the 2012 Slam, with accurate game lists, before the copyright barstewards silenced it due to my unlicensed use of 'Peace in Mississippi. reminds me, i promised i'd also make one for @ianw at some point. sad eh?i will get a life one day.

i don't want to derail this dude's build thread through, so if you're interested then i can send you some links by pm or take it to another thread

it's google sketchup, Kev, used to be freeware but then they made it a paid thing - although i downloaded a cracked version with full features (just have to remember not to update it, heh) - with practise, you can not only do stills but also videos with a camera moving around and between: i made a few virtual happy place pinrooms like this one for fun for myself, and for some friends on here like @Will and @Julian and @johnwhitfield, set to music, uploaded them to youtube. in the sketchup warehouse i also made virtual models of 150 or so pins, so i even did a video for the 2012 Slam, with accurate game lists, before the copyright barstewards silenced it due to my unlicensed use of 'Peace in Mississippi. reminds me, i promised i'd also make one for @ianw at some point. sad eh?i will get a life one day.

i don't want to derail this dude's build thread through, so if you're interested then i can send you some links by pm or take it to another thread
cheers dan PM me I am interested - woud like to see how my proposed build will look with pins in it!!

Back
Top Bottom