What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No Longer Available 6 X 8 Switch matrix board - to test Bally / Stern SS games

AlanJ

Site Supporter
Alias
Alan
Hi,

I built a 6 X 8 Switch matrix board:

This is a 6 X 8 switch board that is used to test Bally and Stern Classic Solid State Games. It can be used to test the MPU board is correctly picking up each of the switch matrix switches With it you can test a Bally or Stern MPU switch matrix without having to plug it into the cabinet or playfield. i.e. can test on the bench. Each switch features a diode, so exactly recreates the playfield switch matrix which also contains a diode on each switch. There are 6 columns and 8 rows. The Diode anode is connected to each column.

Each switch is a latching switch, so can simulate switches that should be closed most of the time, e.g. the ball trough switches on multi ball games, such as centaur, fathom, Fireball II etc.

I have put a LED under each switch so that the led indicates if the switch is closed or not.

This means the board needs power to drive the LEDs, so it has a 5v power header at the top as well as a header for the rows and columns.

I will ship with a Mains PSU that has international plugs on it - so should work in UK, USA, Europe, Auz etc. - See pics.

Item also ships with a PSU socket and a set of long header pins (these need to be soldered on).

Prices £29 shipped UK
£38 shipped overseas

Attachments

• IMG_7324.JPG
    IMG_7324.JPG
    223 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_7325.JPG
    IMG_7325.JPG
    122.1 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_7326.JPG
    IMG_7326.JPG
    129.1 KB · Views: 24